A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny all you floccs have hangovers today. I went out last night, watched the ACC Tournament Championship & drank with my younger buddies. Didn't get home until 6AM, and as seen here, didn't get to bed until almost 8:30AM. Woke up at 1PM.

I feel great! Supposed to go play some disc-golf with a couple of the guys from last night, but they are hurting this morning, too. They wussed out.

This old man still has it!!!

:ban:

Now, how long can I keep it? How much longer will my liver hold out???

Hmm...

Hrm... some of us older guys (not really, still quite young) got absolutely thrashed last night, but feel good today.

Kimchi (Vitamin C) last night and with breakfast is my secret. :ban:

5 mile run done. Thighs don't like me at the moment. Killed two pilsen glasses of DEM before I just said eff it and grabbed a liter mug. Have to rehydrate somehow. Making the run plan for my race this fall.

Iron Chef with the sickie 6yo; hoping he can go to school tomorrow. Love the fact he is enjoying the cooking shows. Wish I could find a way to stream Good Eats.

Fun day, been outside with the kids all afternoon.

Seafood pasta will commence in a few minutes.

Bro in law sent a Terrapin Walking Dead, guess i'll drink it while watching The Walking Dead tonight.

Brewing a beefed up a 3 gallon test batch of left hand milk stout, increased all grains to hit the 7%abv point trying to build a good desert beer. Drinking vandal eyes and watching the kids play disney infinity 3.0.

@hunter_la5
you think that's bad, you get back from and completely broke my notifications. Congrations. You think $50BK will be enough to hire a mod to fix it?

If I click on one, it randomly takes me to either a like or mention. No idea whats going on
Im never gonna sort through those to get it manageable

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Hrm... some of us older guys (not really, still quite young) got absolutely thrashed last night, but feel good today.

Kimchi (Vitamin C) last night and with breakfast is my secret. :ban:

5 mile run done. Thighs don't like me at the moment. Killed two pilsen glasses of DEM before I just said eff it and grabbed a liter mug. Have to rehydrate somehow. Making the run plan for my race this fall.

Iron Chef with the sickie 6yo; hoping he can go to school tomorrow. Love the fact he is enjoying the cooking shows. Wish I could find a way to stream Good Eats.

Was getting ready to go for a run today and it started raining, we need it more than I need to run.

Also Netflix streaming has a Good Eats Collection. So not every episode but a few.

Was getting ready to go for a run today and it started raining, we need it more than I need to run.

Also Netflix streaming has a Good Eats Collection. So not every episode but a few.

Yeah... It rained on me for the last mile or so. Good for the fresh grass seed we layed yesterday.

Saw the collection, but was investigating other options too.

Split a Steak Toaster with my sister. She doesn't even like dark beer and she's digging it. Drinks slower than molasses.

Funny all you floccs have hangovers today. I went out last night, watched the ACC Tournament Championship & drank with my younger buddies. Didn't get home until 6AM, and as seen here, didn't get to bed until almost 8:30AM. Woke up at 1PM.

I feel great! Supposed to go play some disc-golf with a couple of the guys from last night, but they are hurting this morning, too. They wussed out.

This old man still has it!!!

:ban:

Now, how long can I keep it? How much longer will my liver hold out???

Hmm...

I dont seem to get hangovers. At least the nausea, achy, etc part. Just regular sleep deprivation grogginess. It seems to be worrying SWMBO.
WKbcJy7.jpg

Either way, I should probably start sourcing a new liver through 3d printing or something. Probably a good idea to put all my eggs in that basket.

It was a bit of a boring ride back from the boat dock.

Luckily I've gotten pretty good at PKUing and driving at the same time.

I'd prefer you did.

@m00ps
@m00ps
@m00ps

Welcome back, did I say hi?

Drinking a good porter as apposed to a OK porter I just tapped, going to be a long haul with that one, kicked the hops.

@hunter_la5
you think that's bad, you get back from and completely broke my notifications. Congrations. You think $50BK will be enough to hire a mod to fix it?

If I click on one, it randomly takes me to either a like or mention. No idea whats going on
Im never gonna sort through those to get it manageable

For $50BK, you should be able to fix your notifications and have enough change leftover to pay two other mods to fight to the death.

They aren't working for me at all anymore.

@m00ps

Some of them had monstrous lines, but if you had a line buddy you could go hit others while waiting. Allen and I didn't run into each other this year. I think they put your bottle in the box. Not sure.

Just kidding. Will get it to you this week.

Thanks brother! I only had to travel 8 miles for yours...I'll remember that next trade time. Truly appreciate you efforts sir!

1056, which I hardly ever use but I did a two stage oat addition and huge whirlpool and dry hop. Pretty fantastic

If I was going English I would have used 1318

Yeah - sounds weird but I have been trying to replicate creamy mouthfeel ala treehouse, heady topper, bissel and foundation. I have found what works in my system. For this pale I used 1/2 lb old fashioned oats (Quaker oats) in mash and then added 1/2 in kettle for the boil. Made an intense hop oatmeal sludge but the mouthfeel is out of this world , chewy, creamy and very full.

Busy afternoon in the brewery. Rather than rehash here, you can read here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7468477

@hunter_la5 - welcome back & hysterical recap!

Beers from the afternoon:

Pernicious from Wicked Weed courtesy of @hello - no pick but very tasty. Thanks!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457913692.541268.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457913701.758735.jpg
Thanks @wesleys !
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457913718.425630.jpg
Barleywine sample that is already very smooth.

Oh and don't focus on my chainsaw bite. Was tightening chain and my hand slipped down the chain.

Back