A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, for all the friendly friends - what is the review of Lagunitas Citruisness? I can grab a growler of it for $10. Having to stay home with the sick 6yo tonight instead of going to the SIL's birthday dinner, and am planning my evening.

If you like fruit juice in your beer, you might like it.

What's the lowest anyone has mashed? Brewing a beer tomorrow inspired by Brewdog 5 AM Saint and they mash at 144° definitely 90 minutes.

149 is the lowest I've done (Belgian tripel) and I did a 90 minute mash.

So do you think this is crazy? I've done an IPA at 148, but that's far from 144... I didn't know the proper sugars are created at that temp. I will say this recipe is full of crystal goodness and only 5%. Probably @iijakii kryptonite.

If you like fruit juice in your beer, you might like it.

Ended up with a sixer, keg had kicked.

Pretty quiet in here today. I'm off to lunch and then Ranger Creek with the in-laws. I love these people.

Hrm... That might have to be a stop when in SA.

What's the lowest anyone has mashed? Brewing a beer tomorrow inspired by Brewdog 5 AM Saint and they mash at 144° definitely 90 minutes.

Intentionally?

Chimay. Chocolate pudding. Carcassonne.

Almost perfect match.

View attachment 343894

Love that game.

Quick run to test the ankle, and gonna make my training plan for the race this fall. Eldest did good with the parking lot driving, the day he got his permit. Parking, not so much.

Attachments

• 1457814069611.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 40
Just back from bringing puppy up to wife's work for a visit to cheer up some old folks. Man, that'd be such a killer way to pickup chicks. Both people visiting their relatives and hot nurse aides.

I just did a wheat at 144 for 30 min and then bumped to 149 for the last 30 - was supposed to go to 150. Not sure I'd do 144 for the entire mash.

Yep. I'm already unsure how to get all this beer in my luggage. Not sure what I'll do with whatever I'm about to pick up here.

You won't be the first (or last) of us to fedex a box of beer home. :)

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457815178.784576.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457815256.375811.jpg

View attachment 343872nice easy drinking cascade blonde. Makes me want to make a cascade blonde dry hopped with goldings and cascade

Just started getting SPB here. I wasn't too impressed with their blonde or pale ale. The ESB is good. I've seen some bottles of BA Mississippi Fire Ant lying around. Do you know if it's any good?

15 min into the boil. Looks like I shouldn't have let the clouds keep me in the garage.
Good luck Psy.
Enjoy huna day to those lucky enough to attend.
Got around to reading the label on this, guess I need to send some to @theCADJockey
View attachment 343884

How bitter is that? Just snagged a case of good problem to have DIPA and I'm trying to plan on where to start

So do you think this is crazy? I've done an IPA at 148, but that's far from 144... I didn't know the proper sugars are created at that temp. I will say this recipe is full of crystal goodness and only 5%. Probably @iijakii kryptonite.

I'd go with 148-149. 144 seems too low. What yeast are you using??

Finished up at Ranger Creek. Drank a bunch of beer, did a whiskey tasting, and bought the MIL some Rimfire. Success.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457820851.886187.jpg

Back