A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a video of me in white (flag on back of uniform white or red) fighting what I believe is a 2nd or 3rd Dan Kendo practitioner. Far outranked, but I felt I did well. 3 points to win, can score on head, ribs or wrist.

Ended 2-1 his victory with time running out at 3 mins, end of video basically.

I'm the one screaming like a lunatic.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9FCXPXEKRo[/ame]

Here is a video of me in white (flag on back of uniform white or red) fighting what I believe is a 2nd or 3rd Dan Kendo practitioner. Far outranked, but I felt I did well. 3 points to win, can score on head, ribs or wrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9FCXPXEKRo

Awesome. That's some sturdy cardboard.

Unless you're mashing it with at least some other base malt this is not a good idea as flaked oats have 0 enzymatic potential. Its starches cannot self convert. Sorry to butt my nose in where it's not wanted/needed, just stuck out to me.

Well, I had a stuck mash, yes with the braid toilet hose SS, but never again I said. Not interested in the sugars, just the thick liquid. Although my lasted 9.6% RIS appears thin to me anyway. These big beers are hard. Even this last attempt with half the dark malts, as @1977Brewer and/or @Gavin_C got appear astringent. Is it time for a pH meter? How does Prairie make such a smooth 13% RIS?

I really liked the parts where it looked like you were going to kiss.

:drunk:

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing that here D. Looks like a blast. Was that a karate kid move you almost pulled about half way through. Almost looked like you were going for the famous crane kick. please forgive my stupidity.

("No defense possible Daniel-San")

Well, I had a stuck mash, yes with the braid toilet hose SS, but never again I said. Not interested in the sugars, just the thick liquid. Although my lasted 9.6% RIS appears thin to me anyway. These big beers are hard. Even this last attempt with half the dark malts, as @1977Brewer and/or @Gavin_C got appear astringent. Is it time for a pH meter? How does Prairie make such a smooth 13% RIS?

Brewing is flippin' tough man. My last saison will not stop fermenting. 1.004 last time I checked it. Lightbulb in a can, blanket wrapped. It's still chugging. I'm afraid to touch it again.

OTOH, my RIS is ridiculous. Better than I imagined.

pH meter is next on my shopping list too.

As for stuck sparges, yo no comprendo.

So on a couple of attacks, you choreographed, stick drew back prior to attack. At times appeared static, possibly on purpose..but I have a blown ACL from not blocking a kick...take it as you wish.

No one can say you half assed it. Not sure of the rules and such but it's easy to see you showed up and showed out! View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457829652.217595.jpgtrying to make a picture frame.

Counting bombers and 750's as doubles, I have received 150 beers thus far. Can't even put a $ on some of this stuff, and I count HB as priceless unless it's just turrble. None of them have been, thus far.

My thanks to all that played, and my condolences to the 50 k winner. You have no idea what you're in for.

Counting bombers and 750's as doubles, I have received 150 beers thus far. Can't even put a $ on some of this stuff, and I count HB as priceless unless it's just turrble. None of them have been, thus far.

My thanks to all that played, and my condolences to the 50 k winner. You have no idea what you're in for.

Cheers man! Good for you!

Good evening friendly friends.

I regret to inform you all that my unwavering spirit did not win the day. Out of 18 competitors in my division, I finished 5th.

Our team finished 4th of 8.

There were ups and downs, whiffed shots and missed chances, but above all else, I gained more knowledge and made some great acquaintances within our art. I was happy to lose to them.

That being said, please make fun of me quickly, as the shame that I have brought upon my family hasn't completely sunk in yet.

For all of the encouragement and friendliness here, I will put all names that entered the contest in a random order and run a RNG to determine a winner.

I appreciate all of the well wishes, thank you. I'm going to go get drunk now. Stayed tuned for the winner tomorrow.

Cum Sum Nida.

Here's my one shot at making fun of you:

Can we all get your address so we can send you our empty cardboard tubes?

Really though, I am glad you did as well as you could, and that you gained knowledge, wisdom, and new acquaintences.

:mug:

Good evening friendly friends.

I regret to inform you all that my unwavering spirit did not win the day. Out of 18 competitors in my division, I finished 5th.

Our team finished 4th of 8.

There were ups and downs, whiffed shots and missed chances, but above all else, I gained more knowledge and made some great acquaintances within our art. I was happy to lose to them.

That being said, please make fun of me quickly, as the shame that I have brought upon my family hasn't completely sunk in yet.

For all of the encouragement and friendliness here, I will put all names that entered the contest in a random order and run a RNG to determine a winner.

I appreciate all of the well wishes, thank you. I'm going to go get drunk now. Stayed tuned for the winner tomorrow.

Cum Sum Nida.

Good job man.

I can't compete with the amounts some of these guys have sent you, I am just hoping the quality of my HB makes up for the lack of quantity.

Again, my parcel will be sent out on Monday.

I can't compete with the amounts some of these guys have sent you, I am just hoping the quality of my HB makes up for the lack of quantity.

Again, my parcel will be sent out on Monday.

I'm afraid to tell you that the quality matches the quantity here. It's flipping insane. I'm sure you're fine though. I said up front I'd rather have HB anyway.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457831243.786672.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457831254.833767.jpg
Didn't want to post-whore all day, but this was pretty much my day today in thumbnails. Hung out with DisturbdChemist, think I encouraged him to drink more than he wanted, met up with Hello near the end of the day. It was a day of ridiculous beers. It was funny to see what big breweries brought heat and which ones didn't. New Belgium brought 2 barrel aged sours I've never seen or heard of and Lagunitas brought Sucks.

View attachment 343993View attachment 343995
Didn't want to post-whore all day, but this was pretty much my day today in thumbnails. Hung out with DisturbdChemist, think I encouraged him to drink more than he wanted, met up with Hello near the end of the day. It was a day of ridiculous beers. It was funny to see what big breweries brought heat and which ones didn't. New Belgium brought 2 barrel aged sours I've never seen or heard of and Lagunitas brought Sucks.

Humm...did you see tobyG pick my Huna up??

But seriously...glad you kids had a great time. Was following you on untappd.

Disturb needs to represent Texas!

Another milestone to shoot for, it will be a while and will be a big one, the post when we overtake the old thread pathetic as it is now :rockin:

Sour Quad, needs more time but going to be good.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457832006.715212.jpg

Humm...did you see tobyG pick my Huna up??

But seriously...glad you kids had a great time. Was following you on untappd.

Disturb needs to represent Texas!

I did not run into Toby this year, he must still have your Huna. I kept reminding DC that he was from Texas. The problem was that 95% of 450 beers had no line. And most everything was barrel aged or imperial one offs. Saw some really neat variations today

Back