80F Bulk Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yard_bird

Reaction score
Greetings,
I have a weizenbock (wyeast 3068) that’s progressing through fermentation as planned. Fermentation was kept at 62F for a couple days, 63F for a couple days, then ramped to 68F over 5 days for attenuation’s sake.

I need (want really) to use my fermentation chamber next week for another project. Chamber can only handle one fermenter at a time.

Will bulk storage at 78-80F for a couple weeks negatively impact my weizenbock? This is the temp I bottle condition at so I imagine I’m probably in the clear. Got about 4 gallons in a 5.5 gallon bucket.

Thanks.

3068 often finishes pretty fast. I almost always give beers two full weeks on the yeast to finish and clean up, but I find I can rush 3068 a bit with no ill effects. Maybe you could package (and start bottle conditioning) instead of leaving it hot in the fermenter?

Sounds good. I was planning on bill aging it possibly for any sort of extra cleanup the yeast want to do prior to bottling, but might be at diminishing returns with respect to that.

Thanks!

Back