7 days and nothing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burro2882

Reaction score
this is my 4th batch and I used the same amount of priming sugar that i used on my last batch of blonde ale, but i tried one yesterday (7 days in bottle) and it was still VERY flat. My last 3 batches were good to go after 7 days, so i dont know if i screwed somthing up. Is it common to have flat beer after one week???

I'll try the occasional beer at 7 or 14 days... but I don't worry about it... 3 weeks changes a lot.

If anything, having one once a week until it's ready teaches you what it goes through...

this is my 4th batch and I used the same amount of priming sugar that i used on my last batch of blonde ale, but i tried one yesterday (7 days in bottle) and it was still VERY flat. My last 3 batches were good to go after 7 days, so i dont know if i screwed somthing up. Is it common to have flat beer after one week???

yes if you could save time in a bottle.
uh i mean theres to many variables in yer question , but time will tell..
quantity of sugar? temperature of bottle conditioning area, yeast variables?
adjuncts?
usually temperature is the biggest factor, something as simple as putting the box on the cement floor can have a major affect on tings.:cross:

yeast and temp the bottles are at? give it three weeks. Boondoggie's right, 3 weeks changes alot. Ive had beers take over a month. giver time. if your really worried after another week goes by, move bottles to a warmer area

alright, im convinced. i just need to wait longer. i was just worried cus i know they have been at a constant temp of about 70-72 degrees, same as the last batches. But, i guess I should've realized, every batch is different.

Latest posts

Back