4th of July

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoozeMedic

Reaction score
I've got a big party out at the vineyard for the 4th of July (though I think we're calling it the 1st). I'll have a two or three tap jockey box set up by then. My problem is: I'm at a loss for what styles to make. Uninspiringly, this is what I've come up with:

*Kölsch
*Wit w/coriander and orange zest
*Gose
*Some sort of fruit beer with either raspberry or watermelon or something and hope it doesn't royally suck
*Basil/honey saison
*Dry hopped pale ale (crisp lawnmower beer)

Any suggestions?
What would you want to drink at a 4th of July party?

I'm in the same boat. Doing a homebrew for our picnic. My family isn't big into hoppy beers...... so I brewed a zombie dust clone :)
They can bring their own beer. Ha.

Personally, the lawnmower sounds good for the middle of the summer.
Cheers!

Easy drinkers are always good during 4th of July...especially at parties with lots of good food!

Kölsch is a great idea...I'm always good with an American Wheat with orange peel and coriander as well!

My family has a big family reunion BBQ every summer...I always serve two beers...one yellow fizzy easy to drink for the BMC crowd and something different whether it's an IPA, American Wheat or Pale Ale.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

I'd make a crisp pilsner. My favorite summer beer. Keep the OG 1.050 or less, ferment cold, and I love the Tettnang hops, nothing but pilsner malt.

For ales, cream of three crops, or a lightly hopped pale ale would be great. Wheat beers are also wonderful, and if you hop with a fruity hop, they are kinda cool. I've got a couple of them in my recipe pulldown that are good. The honey chamomile wheat I think would be good for everybody, including the fairer sex.

Quick basic pale ale/blonde.
5lbs 2-row
3.5lbs Vienna
.5lb crystal 20L
.25lb carapils/dextrin
1/2oz of something high alpha like Columbus or Magnum at 60 minute
1oz of something you like at flameout I use ahtanum or cascade
Clean American ale yeast
Adjust the 2-row quantity to get around 1.052 OG
This beer has convinced my neighbors that there is better beer than Corona Extra.

Might be Fat Tire... busy building the brew shed and haven't had time to brew :( also need the commercial 2 door fridge delivered that I traded for so I can hack and air conditioner onto it for cooling. Had a bad compressor but the rest is very good shape and was worth the $100 he wanted. I traded my 6' x7' roll up door from what is becoming the brew shed plus he owes me 2 free oil changes so we both came out good.

Back