3 week ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenS

Reaction score
How fast can a brett/sour blend beer be ready to drink?
3 weeks ago I brewed a blonde wort (1.048 OG/24 IBU) and decided at the last minute (as I was drinking a new glarus R&D sour blonde) to dump the dregs from that bottle and a roselare cake that had been sitting in my fridge for 4 months (and under a batch of flanders red for 9 months before that) into the blond. I figured that all the sacc yeast from the original roselare pack had died away and I wanted to try something new. Fermentation took off within 2 days and went strong for 2 weeks. It died down so I took a grav reading. 1.010. Tasted the sample and it wasn't to bad. Quite a bit of earth and damp bready flavors. Just pulled another sample today and it's down to 1.006 and tastes amazing. The brett flavors are still there but, man, is it starting to get nice and sour. Has anyone ever seen/done anything like this before? I'm thinking I should just say f*ck everything I've heard about brett and keg this thing right now and force carb it. What's the wisdom of the forum have to say about all this??

I'll post up all the recipe and fermentation info if anyone thinks it will help

Back