240v temperature ramp times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
I’m testing my new kettle with a 5500w element hooked up to the brewcommander with a water run. It’s heating at about 2 degrees a minute which seems a bit slow. I was expecting a lot faster. It’s set to boil mode at 100% so idk what could be wrong.

What volume of water are you heating? The greater the volume, the longer the rise time.

Is the % Power setting at 100% while heating? Anything less than 100% will reduce the output of the controller and slow the heating rate.

Does your controller have an LED that shows when the element is powered on? Is that LED lit continuously while heating? If it is flashing, then the element is not heating at full output
Agree that 2 degrees per minute is on the slow side.

Last edited:
It was 5 g of water so it was going way too slow. I have a L14-30 outlet and figured out that the electrician swapped the X and the GN. I had to get a converter to L6-30 for the brewcommander and since the original plug is miswired it’s only passing 120V. Thus why it was taking so crazy long.

Back