2016 Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauer_62

Reaction score
Anyone interested in starting a league this year? I am thinking 10-12 person league. No money to join, winner takes all. Everyone pays the winner in comercial beer /homebrew of their choosing.

let me know the season will start soon

I'm interested, but I think it will probably take too much of my time to keep up on current players and whatnot. I think I'm just kind of interested in seeing how it all works.

I am hoping to sign up in a league at work, but it's a simplified version. I guess they just pick games each week and you have to pick winners vs spread, etc. not like an actual fantasy league.

I'm just looking for something to make the games each week more interesting for me.

I'm down. I'm in two leagues a year generally, could probably easily add a third. I'm in espn & yahoo...never done NFL league.

Not interested in joining a league, but I do have a fantasy:

That the Bills make the playoffs this year! Otherwise, bye bye, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee...?

Sorry for the semi-hijack. Good luck!:D

SO how does this whole thing work? I watch "The League" on Netflix and they seem to discuss things in broad terms and often mention things that seem fictional.

Do do you pick players from certain teams and get points for certain stats? Is there a place where you can see how it all works before signing up?

I could be interested in this. I already have one league but shouldn't be a problem adding one more. Keep me updated!

In! As long as the draft isn't 8/25 or 9/2 (I already have drafts then).

I'm interested, but I think it will probably take too much of my time to keep up on current players and whatnot. I think I'm just kind of interested in seeing how it all works.

I am hoping to sign up in a league at work, but it's a simplified version. I guess they just pick games each week and you have to pick winners vs spread, etc. not like an actual fantasy league.

I'm just looking for something to make the games each week more interesting for me.

yes that is how it works. pick players via a draft and you score points by their stats. we have 6 interested would like a minimum of 8

SO how does this whole thing work? I watch "The League" on Netflix and they seem to discuss things in broad terms and often mention things that seem fictional.

Do do you pick players from certain teams and get points for certain stats? Is there a place where you can see how it all works before signing up?

Basically you earn points based on how real NFL players do in their real NFL games. A league has usually 8, 10 or 12 teams and each team has between 9-16 players on it in various positions (RB, WR, TE, QB, etc.) When the players you start do good things (gain yards, score TD's) you get points. In short, it gives you an excuse to care about out of market teams or watch games that are blowouts.

Be very careful of someone who says "Gee how does this fantasy football thing work?" Think pool shark......

Basically you earn points based on how real NFL players do in their real NFL games. A league has usually 8, 10 or 12 teams and each team has between 9-16 players on it in various positions (RB, WR, TE, QB, etc.) When the players you start do good things (gain yards, score TD's) you get points. In short, it gives you an excuse to care about out of market teams or watch games that are blowouts.

I did find a bit of a how-to online for the ESPN thing. It seems like most of them are set up the same way unless you tweak the rules.

This is exactly why I'm interested in it. I want to have something to make other teams' games more interesting. I'm just not sure I can devote enough time each week to do well. Looks like it would take a minimum of reading through fantasy rankings and comparing players vs their defense and vicee versee.

I could join this league if you need a person to finish it out, but I don't think I'd do well. Then again, half of it comes down to drafting and how lucky each player is that week.

Be very careful of someone who says "Gee how does this fantasy football thing work?" Think pool shark......

I wish. I'm still learning the positions on the line by name!

Like in Hockey, though, I feel interested in learning about key players from each team and this might be one good way to be more engaged in each week's games, even if it's just reading through the results the next day.

yes that is how it works. pick players via a draft and you score points by their stats. we have 6 interested would like a minimum of 8

What are the "official" rules? I saw that you were in the same league as me last year on here. Do you plan on using the same rules? They should be posted so everyone knows what is expected of them. If that's the case you can count me in!

Count me in. I'm already in a couple leagues, but there's always room for more. :mug:

i am thinking of the same rules TBC. just with the addition of a defensive player.

So which provider are you going to use?? I'd like to check out the interface and maybe do a mock draft before it starts so I can get at least a little feel for it.

we will be using nfl.com i will set the league up tonight and let you know the draft day. i am capping the league at 8 teams. one of the terms which must be agreed by all participants is to send the champion at least two bomber bottles of commercial/homebrew.

Somewhat off topic, but at my work, they are gearing up to do Fox Sports Pro "Pick 'em". Not really Fantasy Football, but you pick the winners for each week's games and get points.

Options include winning by spread, and submitting "Confidence Points" to indicate how confident you are with your choice for that game. Can give you extra points, or lose you extra points. Sounds fun and pretty easy (To play, not necessarily to win.)

Somewhat off topic, but at my work, they are gearing up to do Fox Sports Pro "Pick 'em". Not really Fantasy Football, but you pick the winners for each week's games and get points.

Options include winning by spread, and submitting "Confidence Points" to indicate how confident you are with your choice for that game. Can give you extra points, or lose you extra points. Sounds fun and pretty easy (To play, not necessarily to win.)

Confidence leagues can be great fun. Specially for those who don't know much about football or don't have the time to commit to Fantasy.

Cincybeer, if I can't win, I hope it's you! I work in Fairfield and live in Seven Mile. Hopefully you're Bengals fan. Who dey!

sorry for the delay but the league is up and running
League ID:4238234
Password:homebrewtalk
Live Draft: Sept 4 3:00 est

How do you join? Usually you receive an email with a link that takes you to the league. I'm on the website and app and can't find the league.

Can't find it. It is full?

Only 3 teams are listed now. Go to the nfl.com website, fantasy, and then look for leagues and there is a small link that says something about an invite, click that and enter ID and password. I had to use the website couldn't figure it out on the app

I joined.

I don't see a spot on the roster for defensive player? Are we still doing def player or team?

It shows two more open teams... I think mauer wants you to use the Id and password he posted to signup.

If this fills, the other other other fantasy football thread has one more opening. Pm me or post there and I'll send you the Id and password. We draft this Sunday we will have a 12 team league non-ppr. Send at least one bomber to winner if you lose.

Latest posts

Back