2016 Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw sht. I forgot about the draft while brewing beer! I spent a few hours looking over the rankings this past week and all for naught. Oh well, I'll check the team out and see if anything obvious needs adjusting. I really don't know much about the game yet anyway. Just looking forward to some football and seeing how to tweak the lineup each week.

Aw sht. I forgot about the draft while brewing beer! I spent a few hours looking over the rankings this past week and all for naught. Oh well, I'll check the team out and see if anything obvious needs adjusting. I really don't know much about the game yet anyway. Just looking forward to some football and seeing how to tweak the lineup each week.

And here I thought you were the one who drafted the panthers D in the first round!

And here I thought you were the one who drafted the panthers D in the first round!

Did that really happen? OMG I better have a close look this morning. Was busy all day yesterday brewing beer, and replacing the rear brakes and changing oil on my friend's car, and making food for everyone.

I think it was a 9 hour brewday.

Well I tried to draft from my phone, but I don't know what happened.

A few years ago I used my phone with a nfl.com draft and it was hard to figure out how to deselect autodraft. Was that what was happening? It took me a few rounds to figure out how to shut it off.

Looks like I did ok for autodrafting. I was hoping to get A. Brown, but figured he would be gone right away. I lucked out.

At this point I don't know what to tweak until we get a little action on the field. Really excited to be excited for Thursday's game. I have to see if there is anyone on my team who is playing that game. In any case, I have the "pick'em" league at work I need to start picking winners!

It's on. Don't forget to set you lineups for tonight. Coming for you Stripped Growlers.

What a great weekend! Lions pull a victory out of a hat after giving up a big lead. Normally I'd just be complaining they gave up a big lead and lost, but not this week!

Drew Brees had a big day, which helped my team out a ton!

Anyone pick up Stafford? He could be giving some lucky owner some decent points if the Lions can continue to press the passing game.

Looks like you got the hang of fantasy!!

I got a great draft, apparently. Not sure I'm keeping Cook. He's not getting the ball enough. Too many options in GB to have him I think. Kind of the same problem in Detroit. Too many targets.

TE seems like a tough position to pick.

I am down 20 points in my matchup. Aces had a good weekend so far, but I got one more player picking up points tonight! (I HOPE! LOL!)

And this is why I'm playing. Normally I wouldn't give 2 shts about most games, but between this, and the pick'em league at work, I am at least interested enough to tune in and keep track of what's going on.

Maybe the best bonus is I actually got on Google before draft day and learned what a few football positions were that I didn't know before. Still not clear on some of the illegal formations, but I'm learning.

Need advice in my league, if you gentlemen don't mind... It's the first time I've done FF in several years.

I have the following WR. Only for 2 spots as I have 4 great RBs and prefer RB at the Flex. Who would you start as your two WR this week?

Dez Bryant
Stefon Diggs
Larry Fitzgerald
Tyler Lockett
Torrey Smith

Similar question. I have Coby Fleener who has been a disappointment and picked up Dennis Pitta this week as insurance if he continues to suck, who appears to have good rapport with Joe Flacco and is getting a lot of targets. Both are projected for 6 points this week. Should I keep trusting Fleener to get on the same page with Brees, or put the much lower rated (but producing) Pitta in at TE? What would you do?

I got a great draft, apparently. Not sure I'm keeping Cook. He's not getting the ball enough. Too many options in GB to have him I think. Kind of the same problem in Detroit. Too many targets.

TE seems like a tough position to pick.

I am down 20 points in my matchup. Aces had a good weekend so far, but I got one more player picking up points tonight! (I HOPE! LOL!)

And this is why I'm playing. Normally I wouldn't give 2 shts about most games, but between this, and the pick'em league at work, I am at least interested enough to tune in and keep track of what's going on.

Maybe the best bonus is I actually got on Google before draft day and learned what a few football positions were that I didn't know before. Still not clear on some of the illegal formations, but I'm learning.

Which team is your? Can stand the mobile app for NFL.com Hard to look at whats happening with other teams

Which team is your? Can stand the mobile app for NFL.com Hard to look at whats happening with other teams

I'm KBSclone.

Good matchup this week. Nearly won, but the Eagles couldn't do me a solid and give the ball to Matthews enough.

I feel the same way about the mobile app, but if you play with it enough you can learn to move around fairly good. I would not have designed it the same way.

Hopefully I will be able to get on more tonight and check injuries and think about updating my TE position. My backup is not playing right now.

I'm KBSclone.

Good matchup this week. Nearly won, but the Eagles couldn't do me a solid and give the ball to Matthews enough.

I feel the same way about the mobile app, but if you play with it enough you can learn to move around fairly good. I would not have designed it the same way.

Hopefully I will be able to get on more tonight and check injuries and think about updating my TE position. My backup is not playing right now.

Tight End is a plug and play position unless you have Gronk or Olsen, it really doesn't matter who you have....

Need advice in my league, if you gentlemen don't mind... It's the first time I've done FF in several years.

I have the following WR. Only for 2 spots as I have 4 great RBs and prefer RB at the Flex. Who would you start as your two WR this week?

Dez Bryant
Stefon Diggs
Larry Fitzgerald
Tyler Lockett
Torrey Smith

Similar question. I have Coby Fleener who has been a disappointment and picked up Dennis Pitta this week as insurance if he continues to suck, who appears to have good rapport with Joe Flacco and is getting a lot of targets. Both are projected for 6 points this week. Should I keep trusting Fleener to get on the same page with Brees, or put the much lower rated (but producing) Pitta in at TE? What would you do?

Sleepers obviously make the biggest impact on a team than almost anyone else. I think what you want to do is look for the players with the lowest point totals so far, or who play against the best defense for their position and play them. ;)

But seriously, I think the choice is pretty easy.

You have Stefon Diggs earning an average of 24.2 points per game, against the 6th best passing defense so far. You can't ignore those points. See how he does.

The next highest point getter is Larry Fitzgerald, who is earning 14.1 Points, AND going up against the 25th worst pass defense.

After that it's more cluttered, but you only need two, and these two look pretty good. Of course "Any Given Sunday", and all that...

Last edited:
Tight End is a plug and play position unless you have Gronk or Olsen, it really doesn't matter who you have....

Yeah, I'm finding that out. Still, I wasn't happy with the points my guy got last week, and in a close matchup they can win or lose the week. With a backup who still hasn't joined the team, I don't have any option to add/drop in case of a last minute decision. Plus, who wants a player who just came off IR (Unless they are a beast.)?

So far I have found the Fantasy thing to be pretty interesting at game time. With the mobile app I can watch other teams' players on different games too.

Dam.

Did my picks for the Fox Sports Pick'em we have going on at work, and then did my fantasy picks yesterday. Turns out I forgot to hit SAVE on my Pick'em picks.

Lost 5 points on that brain fart.

I was torn last night. I really needed Luck to have an off day, but I needed his kicker to have a good game. Then they had to go and go for it on 4th down instead of sending in the kicker. Well, Luck ended up not being very lucky so I'm ahead so far. We'll see how tonight breaks down, but I like where I am so far this week even with my running backs and receivers all having single point weeks.

I might shake up my lineup a bit this week. Don't want to be too reactive, but I think my lineup needs a good second look.

I was torn last night. I really needed Luck to have an off day, but I needed his kicker to have a good game. Then they had to go and go for it on 4th down instead of sending in the kicker. Well, Luck ended up not being very lucky so I'm ahead so far. We'll see how tonight breaks down, but I like where I am so far this week even with my running backs and receivers all having single point weeks.

I might shake up my lineup a bit this week. Don't want to be too reactive, but I think my lineup needs a good second look.

Not going to say anything to jinx myself with a quarter left in the game....

Looks like I did ok for autodrafting. I was hoping to get A. Brown, but figured he would be gone right away. I lucked out.

At this point I don't know what to tweak until we get a little action on the field. Really excited to be excited for Thursday's game. I have to see if there is anyone on my team who is playing that game. In any case, I have the "pick'em" league at work I need to start picking winners!

What program are you guys using and how are you breaking ties? We use the ESPN pick em and are confused on the rules for weekly ties. I have read them over and over and it seems like what we understand from the rules, the computer picks a different winner! I'm happy this week because it has me as the winner, but I don't know how to justify it, and other guys think they should have won.

What program are you guys using and how are you breaking ties? We use the ESPN pick em and are confused on the rules for weekly ties. I have read them over and over and it seems like what we understand from the rules, the computer picks a different winner! I'm happy this week because it has me as the winner, but I don't know how to justify it, and other guys think they should have won.

We are using NFL.COM fantasy. At work we use Fox Sports Pick'em just to pick winners each week. (I sucked at that this week too...)

Honestly I don't know what fox uses to pick ties. We just split winnings if it ends in a tie. It's only a small amount anyway. Just enough to make it interesting each week.

Ok. Thanks. I thought I'd try. I think we have it figured out, but we've said that three times now!

Can't believe I won last week after forgetting to set my defense! This is going to be a tough week again. Going against one of the best lineups in the league. Should be an interesting week for Football.

Last edited:
Well I won.

If anyone wants to pay up, hehe:

Firerat
1201 Hammondville Rd
Pompano Bch, FL 33069

You are just lucky you beat me by less than half a point last week...... Victory would have been mine..... hahahahahahah

Good job.

I had planned on maybe sending some Crankers bombers, but the owner just recently fired the brewmaster, and he's a d!ck besides, so I'm not supporting them anymore.

Luckily there are lots of other breweries in Michigan to choose from!

Back