2011 San Diego NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you all have fun now.

In your honor, I had a Stone IPA at lunch (never did that before!) and I got the ingredients to brew a golden strong on Sunday.

Ran into PtN here on club night!

Edit: damn app won't upload

image-3818329890.jpg

Trying to sleep but I keep hearing a booming voice coming from the hospitality suite - it sounds like a Boston accent, and I can only hear parts of it - but I hear "40%, brandy barley", and "Philly in two years". ;)

Trying to sleep but I keep hearing a booming voice coming from the hospitality suite - it sounds like a Boston accent, and I can only hear parts of it - but I hear "40%, brandy barley", and "Philly in two years". ;)

And whatever.... Two years of age and that sucker will be a rock star in Philly... chics-throwing-their-panties-at-us type of rock star. And then you'll cry. "Boo-hoo... Cape is such a rock star and no one is enjoying my extract pale that didn't dry out enough! Soper, hold me!". That's what you'll say. And then I'll mock you.

Cape Brewing said:
And whatever.... Two years of age and that sucker will be a rock star in Philly... chics-throwing-their-panties-at-us type of rock star. And then you'll cry. "Boo-hoo... Cape is such a rock star and no one is enjoying my extract pale that didn't dry out enough! Soper, hold me!". That's what you'll say. And then I'll mock you.

There is like a 99 to 1 ratio toward the sausage here so there won't be too many panties

Seattle Next year? I thought they switched coasts each year?

If it's in Seattle that would be cool!

Gonna start saving my pennies now...

Both are great towns for beer and festivities.
I hope I can save the $$$ to go.

Holding it in Bellevue will be kinda weird, seems a little out of the way to me.

it would be cool if Philly hosted a Siebel Institute Sensory Training Kit session at it. Also if one of the hops schools came and gave a mini summary class

KNB Wine Cellars is approx 6 miles from the hotel. They have one of the best beer selections in town. 30 Taps, and loads of beer. Also, Windmill Farms grocery store, next door, also has a great beer selection, Directions

If you are looking for Russian River bottles, this is the only place I know about in the area. La Mesa Market & Liquors, Directions

I live in the area, so I'll be heading down on Thursday.

All of the above was full of win! No more Pliney at La Mesa cause I buyed it all.

The KNB place is top notch. Bought a pile of stuff (they also had a bunch of RR including Pliney). Having a firestone walker double jack there right now

You guys all suck. You have no pictures to back up your claims of "NHC". I think you're stuck in an airport in Denver and just want to make us feel bad.

No pictures, it didn't happen. That's always been my motto. :D

Yooper said:
You guys all suck. You have no pictures to back up your claims of "NHC". I think you're stuck in an airport in Denver and just want to make us feel bad.

No pictures, it didn't happen. That's always been my motto. :D

Here ya go

One on my phone but my pics are on my camera

ForumRunner_20110618_192516.jpg

ForumRunner_20110618_192539.jpg

ForumRunner_20110618_192559.jpg

If I could figure out how to load a pic from my phone to this thread i would post a pic of ollllo's sweet hop vine cowboy shirt.

The ladies are swooning.

I wish I had a picture of the mead tasting on the grassy knoll this afternoon with myself, soperbrew, humann_brewing, olllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo, and some other folks from the AZ Society of Homebrewers.

And - olllllllllllllllllllllllllllo's hop shirt was indeed epic. Epic enough that I feared to take a picture. Though I enjoyed sitting next to him and his wife during the banquet.

Must sleep. 9 hours of driving tomorrow....

Here is a CHuG table pic, my brother and I took off early, so we didn't get a chance to see everyone longer. Great seeing you guys, hope we get a chance to hang out before next NHC.

image-1058972744.jpg

Great time all around. It was great putting faces with names and I'm looking forward to Soper's documentary photo album of the event.

Seattle is a long time from now. That sucks.

Cape Brewing said:
Great time all around. It was great putting faces with names and I'm looking forward to Soper's documentary photo album of the event.

Seattle is a long time from now. That sucks.

I could probably skip beer for a while anyways

Latest posts

Back