California 2023 Homebrew Convention

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full conference means you get to go to all the seminars as part of it. I'm not sure where extra fees are being confused, but that full conference is all you really need. You also really don't need any special packages or outside events. The conference itself is pretty all consuming.

Full conference means you get to go to all the seminars as part of it. I'm not sure where extra fees are being confused, but that full conference is all you really need. You also really don't need any special packages or outside events. The conference itself is pretty all consuming.I

I guess I read it wrong. Still, 600 bucks for my wife and I, not to mention another membership to AHA that she will never use, gas to and from San Diego and Hotel cost. Still pretty close to 1k with food and drink and sightseeing Enjoy, but still priced me right out.

I guess I read it wrong. Still, 600 bucks for my wife and I, not to mention another membership to AHA that she will never use, gas to and from San Diego and Hotel cost. Still pretty close to 1k with food and drink and sightseeing Enjoy, but still priced me right out.
The extra membership for my wife to attend has irked me too.

Thought I’d resurrect this thread as the conference is in a couple days.

The brewing classes are being organized by homebrewmart, which is where the recipe for Ballast Point’s Sculpin was originally conceived. It is also one of the only LHBS in San Diego anymore…quite sad.

They did bump up the price a bit, which is kinda irritating, but if it keeps them going any length of time longer, whatever…I’m all for it. Considered signing up for the advanced class myself just to see if I could glean any tidbits, but it sold out.

If anybody else is going and wants to meet up, even for just a quick “Hi, I’m so and so” PM me.

The wife and I are going... first time. Really looking forward to it... should be a good time! A few guys from my club are going too...
Look for us during club night... Mad Zymurgists. We'll be pouring our beer and having fun... lol.

I got here yesterday and already hit up some great breweries like Alesmith and Pure Project.

We even went to White Labs to try comparison yeast beers at the little brewery they have and ended up getting a tour of the whole place from Chris White himself!!

Back