2007 Raleigh Beer Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_bird said:
Boston was up and posting by 6:30 this morning - how much fun could this have been? ;)

I'm assuming that pics are forthcoming...
The older you get, the less you sleep...;)

Plus, we had to leave by 7 due to bedtime, so I'm not sure how wild and crazy they actually got...

Just got home...Walker's--thanks for a great day and your hospitality. You guys are awesome!

The beer was great. Hits of the show were the Loose Cannon (no cask this time, but damn good!), Flying Dog Double Dog...Young's Chocolate Stout....some others too.

It was great to see everyone!!!!!!

It was great seeing everyone again. Very much appreciate the hospitality, rides, etc... you guys are all awesome.

Hey everyone. It was a blast on Saturday. I only got a couple of pictures at my place afterward, but I'll post them tonight when I get home. There were a total of about 21 people at my place for Home Beer Festival.

If anyone left behind their sample "glass" from the festival and wants it back , please let me know. Only 1 of them is mine, but I think I have 7 or 8 in the dishwasher.

Dude... you left part of your tap handle behind; the black slat that slides down in between the pieces of glass. I can mail it to you if you PM me your address again.

Thanks to ollllo for providing the brats. Those were left-overs from the VAgraNCy gathering in February that Dude brought down.

Oh, and thanks to bird for my late night pint of IPA. Dude gave me one. Very nice.

sailman and beerlvngrl brought some belly warming mead that was really good. It has made me want to make my own mead.

My favorite beer from the festival: Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

One more thing...

Dude's batch of Gruagach 80/- (my recipe) was better than my own. I'll have to work on that.

-walker

we had a blast!! thanks for having us!! even though we couldnt make the fest i think the best part was hangin out afterwards.. sorry we were late.. gotta love accidents on the beltline!

we really need to get together more often!!!

walker.. thank for the titches wit! i cannot wait to drink some more of it!!

and the mead was definately WARMING..

Walker-san said:
One more thing...

Dude's batch of Gruagach 80/- (my recipe) was better than my own. I'll have to work on that.

-walker

I was too trashed to get feedback. Honestly--unless it is changing as it ages, it was originally too sweet. I have to revisit it if I ever get off of these night shifts.

Keep the tap handle parts--I'll get them next time.

Did I hear something about another fest in October? Wifey mentioned something about a conference se might want to go to in October, in West Virginia of all places. Have to confirm the timing with her, but there's a chance depending on the timing that we could parlay that into a trip down to NC/VA.

the_bird said:
Did I hear something about another fest in October? Wifey mentioned something about a conference se might want to go to in October, in West Virginia of all places. Have to confirm the timing with her, but there's a chance depending on the timing that we could parlay that into a trip down to NC/VA.

October 6th is the next one I think. I enjoy that one more honestly--it is on the field where Bull Durham was filmed--and it has more room--and a CASK BEER tent.

Walker won't be at that one though--but maybe they can make an appearance at the after-party--wherever that will be. Boston, I think you should get on this. :p

Dude said:
October 6th is the next one I think.

Walker won't be at that one though--but maybe they can make an appearance at the after-party--wherever that will be.

Oct 6th is my wife's due date, so I definately won't be going to the festival since I'll either have an infant, a wife in labor, or a wife about to go into labor.

Assuming she is not actually in labor that day, I could probably do a cameo at the after party.

-walker

LOL...more details keep flowing in my mind from the fest.

Budweiser had a booth. WTF? It was empty too--and they were resorting to playing drinkign games to get people to go to it. What a lame, lonely existence. I'd love for Auggie Busch to find out how much beer the A-B reps came back with. Skulls would be a crackin'!

We did see bewbies. Well, one bewbie at least. We were waiting for the drunk taxi outside some bar and and some of us got flashed. :D

Jeff, the golf bag is GENIUS! That turned out great. I need pics.

well i surely hope that we can make the one in october.. i missed going through i drank my share of beer at the after party! oh boy.. did i.. as i was empting the cooler and realized JUST how much beer i drank!

Back