20 Best beers in the World

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironically, I have had #1, but none of the others. THIS is why I homebrew, I get to clone stuff I can't get locally.

That's the problem with these kinds of lists....they're entirely subjective. Ask 20 beersnobs for a top 20 list and you may end up with 400 different beers.

That's the problem with these kinds of lists....they're entirely subjective. Ask 20 beersnobs for a top 20 list and you may end up with 400 different beers.

I still imagine that if you took a big enough sample of beer snobs you'd notice some kind of pattern as opposed to 20 semi-random beers like I'm seeing on this list.

+1 most of the beers on the list are esoteric to say the least. The Rochefort 10 actually shows a picture of Rochefort 6 (but I would put Rochefort 10 in the top 20, not #1 though)

I stopped reading at #20, when they paired Flying Dog El Dorado with a "mentholated cigarette or a slice of sharp cheddar on a thick hunk of rye bread smeared with mustard." And it was a picture of Flying Dog Simcoe.

Hmmmmm.
I wouldn't even try to put together a list of the top 20 beers here in Indiana, let alone the world.
If I did, however 3 of the top 5 would be my own!!! :mug::rockin:

The 20 best beers in the world, yet I'm pretty sure he found every one of those at the local Whole Foods. Not saying Whole Foods has a bad selection at all, it's just that list seems rather... tame. Especially while making the "best in the world" assertion.

#2 an #3 are a joke to be on this list. There are other very good beers on this list but none in my personal top 20

I found it quite interesting only one of the beer mentioned was from another country.

This is an utter joke. 19 of the top 20 are from the USA? And most of these are grocery store beers?

Yeah, okay.

Well, the top five are, in order:

1. Bud Light
2. Budweiser
3. Corona Light
4. Coors Light
5. Pabst Blue Ribbon

I found it quite interesting only one of the beer mentioned was from another country.

This is the part that makes this rubbish.

While not taking anything away from American craft beer, keep in mind that the internet allows anyone with an internet connection, a basic knowledge of webpage design and an opinion to be an "expert" on anything.

It looks like he just made a list of beers he was able to get his hands on. There's not much credibility when you have incorrect pictures as well. Also...what is DailyPix.me ...never even heard of it...

Back