2-tap or 3-tap tower for dedicated low-pressure tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridebreck

Reaction score
I'll soon be converting a minifridge to a kegerator with a tap tower. I'm currently running a temporary dual-cobra-tap setup. With my current setup, it's fairly easy to switch to a different line length to balance the system for something like a bitter. However to my mind, this is much more of a PITA when a tower is involved.

I would like to have a flexible system, so I'm trying to figure out the best solution. One (by far the most expensive) is to buy a 3-tap tower and dedicate one tap and line to lower-pressure beers, which would constantly leave me with one unused tap. The other solution is to put a quick disconnect in the beer line that would allow me to connect different length lines for different serving pressures. However, I'm concerned that this could creat turbulence in the line and lead to foamy beer.

I'm not always going to have a bitter on tap. I may want to go from a bitter to a pale ale, then on to something like a lambic, then back to a bitter; all while having a 2nd keg running at some other pressure off of my 2nd regulator. How do you guys approach something like this?

Back