2" castors for keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've slowly been piecing together all the loose ends for this project so I can get started, there's just one thing that's really been bothering me.

with 4 kegs, the collar, the keezer, and all the other things like CO2 tank and temp control box etc.. I can't see this thing weighing more than 400lbs. If four 2" castors are rated at 500lbs combined, is this too much stress for prolonged use?

to jump up to 2.5" is another $15, and jump from 2" to 3" is $17 (weird that it's only $2 more than the 2.5"). The 2.5's can support 700lbs, and the 3" can support 840lbs.

What do you think? will the 2" be fine? or should I dish out the extra $17 plus tax for the 3"? I'm on a tight budget so I'm trying to cut corners wherever possible!

Thanks,
Jay

I used low-friction furniture movers (EZ-Slides) on my carrier. I thought about casters, but my experience with them is it can be really difficult to get them lined up perfectly. The disks I use are rated at at 400 lb each and I use four. Serious overkill, but smooth move.

I used 2" castors on this beast and it rolls around just fine.....

0226121529.jpg

The two inch casters will be fine. I do recommend that you upgrade to the ones with the gray rubber wheels instead of black plastic. They generate more friction so they are more likely to roll and cast instead of skid.

Back