1st batch in!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewfyre

Reaction score
Well folks i did it! 1st batch in the carboy hiding in closet. Wasn't as scary as I thot but thats not to say i wasn't nervous lol. Everything more or less went off without a hitch. OG was a bit high at 1.048 was shooting for 1.044, but from what iread not a big deal. Figure it was because of my water situation, have a 6gal. better bottle fermenter and was aiming for my 5gal. more boiled off than i thot and conviently dog decided would be good time to knock over water cooler with last gallon or so in it lol. Murphys law of brewing strikes again! Lol. I took my time and went pretty smooth, filled my 5gal bottling bucket up and dumped some starsan in there and just let everything soak until i needed it, then just rinsed what i used and dumped it back inthat way i knew everything was sure to be sanitized. Checked fermenter this morning sitting at a nice 66-68 degrees. And airlock was a little slow but had SO peek in closet and as she put its 'double blooping' bout every second lol and has about 1/4 inch krausen on top. Really sucks working, rather be at home watching the now infamous 'double bloop' lmao. But now just gotta wait the 4ish weeks til my nut brown ale is ready! Cant wait!

LOL Come back and report when you have several more batches under your belt.
(And are STILL fascinated by the airlock bubbling)

We will know that you are hooked like the rest of us then!
Gratz on the first brew! Now get a head start on that pipeline!!! Your beer will go ALOT faster than you think - especially when you taste the beauty of your concoction!
-Me

Congrats! The SWMBO makes fun of me for how often I peek in on the ferm. It is beautiful to watch. Congrats on your patience (4 weeks!) - to be admired, especially for a noob.

I'm sure you will be rewarded with an excellent brew in a month or so!

Welcome to the obsession. I was just out peaking in on a batch I brewed earlier today - it never gets old.

Back