12 Beers of Christmas 2019 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was 2 - bombers and 1- 12 ounce of the Cherry Dubbel + 1 - bonus bomber and 1 - 12 ounce, no? Whatever it was, it looks to be a couple of good nights! I'll check when I get to the fridge at home again...

Ok. Extras are extras. If I shorted you a 12BoXMas beer let me know. I will make it good.

I don't know if it was a capping issue, a carb issue, or a shipping issue but one dead gingerbread homie. The beer managed to stay in the bottle; however, it wasn't carb'd. Man the gingerbread on this is quite amazing...really good. It's like drinking a gingerbread cookie :)

I opened this and the Abbey last night because I plan to commit to one of them next year; however, I am torn. I like the Abbey because I'm already familiar with the style (it's pretty much my go-to HB), but this one is fascinating.

Thanks for the hard decision : )

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191219110722585_COVER.jpg
IMG_20191219_110806.jpg

Last edited:
I had some capping issues on that batch but I thought I found all the bad ones but shipping might have found another for me.

I added a tincture of the spices to up the flavor some since when I kegged it it was lacking and I really feel like it landed in a good spot.

I don't know if it was a capping issue, a carb issue, or a shipping issue but one dead gingerbread homie. The beer managed to stay in the bottle; however, it wasn't carb'd. Man the gingerbread on this is quite amazing...really good. It's like drinking a gingerbread cookie :)

I had some capping issues on that batch but I thought I found all the bad ones but shipping might have found another for me.

I added a tincture of the spices to up the flavor some since when I kegged it it was lacking and I really feel like it landed in a good spot.

Cant wait to try a carbed one ... Bet it is perfect for Christmas

@tochsner, well done!

My wife isn’t feeling well so we blew off an Xmas party, which gave me the opportunity to have a holiday beer.

First beer I received; first beer I’m drinking. Dry, crisp, and a little tart. Very enjoyable.

Are the tannins I perceive just from the cranberries or did you oak this too?

No oak in that one. I suspect it is from the cranberries. I used the Belgian Lambic blend from Wyeast so the brett might be throwing some of those flavors as well. I am glad you like it. I brewed it a long time ago but I was worried it might not have enough time.

Cheers!

With my son coming two weeks late and totally wreaking my timeline for bottling/shipping my 12 beers of Christmas contribution, my bottles ended up shipping without a fancy label.

However, the beer is better this week than last, but still low on carb.

So to make up for the lack of graphics, here my little boy at 1 week, 2 weeks, and 3 weeks. For being a first time dad, it’s been a wild ride already.

59631831818__BC229071-BCCD-47DC-A3D9-298EA26996AC.JPG
IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3842.JPG

With my son coming two weeks late and totally wreaking my timeline for bottling/shipping my 12 beers of Christmas contribution, my bottles ended up shipping without a fancy label.

So to make up for the lack of graphics, here my little boy at 1 week, 2 weeks, and 3 weeks. For being a first time dad, it’s been a wild ride already.

View attachment 657944View attachment 657945View attachment 657947

Play the kids card, you sneaky sob!

My wife said the second pic looks like me!!

Congrats new papa!

Love the label and they all made it safe and sound really excited to crack one open. View attachment 657948

So glad!

Those boxes were easy to deal with, but I was nervous as they don't seem to protect the bottles all that well. I had to remind myself that they are designed for this very purpose, so just relax.

LOL! Poor guy gets screwed by having his birthday on top of Christmas!
Get that kid a beer!

Seriously, enjoy your first (...and second, and so on...). Start that 529. You will turn around twice and he will be off to college!

This year I shipped hot sauce and pickles when asked. Several years ago I said ”artisan vinegar” and the ups guy questioned what artisan meant shook the package said you’re sure it’s not wine?

FedEx rarely even asks about contents, but a noise decoy is a great idea.

This year I shipped hot sauce and pickles. Several years ago I said ”artisan vinegar” and the ups guy questioned what artisan meant shook the package said you’re sure it’s not wine?

FedEx rarely even asks about contents, but a noise decoy is a great idea.

Whoah...crossed posts there!

The FedEx guy asked what I was shipping. I told him “...gift boxes, you know, like Hickory Farms” He just kept slapping labels on.

@TwistedGray ’s package came Priority Mail. I could hear it sloshing when I took it out of the parcel locker at the P.O. No damage, though.

Lol, this time of year they don't have time to care.

Just don't say Koi Pond Samples..eh @TwistedGray?

Yeah, they called my bluff though...literally phoned me to pick up my box of wine.

Latest posts

Back