12 Beers of Christmas 2018 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@fourfarthing,
Are you sure it’s an infection? Mine tastes fine. Actually, really enjoyable. I do have a lot of foaming. I poured a couple inches into a glass and it foamed up about 3 inches but when it settle down I drank it. What was left in the bottle did not foam up. The next pour did the same thing; a little beer and lots of foam. Could this be something to do with nucleation sites? Maybe from the ground spices? I don’t taste an infection.

Maybe. I haven’t used spices much. If it is fine, by all means enjoy it. I just always worry about an infection.

Keeping Christmas in my heart all winter long, continuing to try the last few untried brews....

I love the aroma! Sweet, malty and subtly spicy, almost fruitcakey, which I think makes me perceive dried fruits (maybe dates, or figs....) The spices are hard to pick out individually so are well integrated. Full mouthfeel and body, coupled with the nose makes me want to sip this in front of a fire for an hour!

20190304_190524.jpeg

Finishing tonight with the juniper rye. The juniper jumps out of the aroma, and the deep brown color seems to match the flavor of darker malts...I do get the feel of a rich pumpernickel rye bread!
20190304_200326.jpeg

Keeping Christmas in my heart all winter long, continuing to try the last few untried brews....

I love the aroma! Sweet, malty and subtly spicy, almost fruitcakey, which I think makes me perceive dried fruits (maybe dates, or figs....) The spices are hard to pick out individually so are well integrated. Full mouthfeel and body, coupled with the nose makes me want to sip this in front of a fire for an hour!

View attachment 615886
Really glad you liked it. I had a blast brewing it.

So, ironically after reading the above, I came on here to let Group 2 know that my last two of my Gingerbread Ale’s (not to be confused with the group 1 version above) have been gushers. Still a decent beer, but.... Please drink soon or dump as if infected I don’t want bombs on my conscience. Any dumps let me know and I will find you replacement beer.
Thanks for the beer. I really enjoyed it. It was highly carbed, took a while to pour the whole glass while keeping the head down. The flavor was excellent and actually the carbonation turned it into a sort of celebratory, cheerful winter drink. I did not get any sourness or sense any infection.

Back