12 Beers of Christmas 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled and labeled, getting boxed up tonight.
20171127_185232.jpg

Wow, I'm jealous...miss not participating in this annual tradition!

BTW, for those of you who commented about being worried the contents giving themselves away, don't worry (as long as you've packed them tightly); they will be fine.

Nice, good call to include that for people interested in the future.
In case anyone was curious, either in this group in in future years, here's the shipping costs from Clearwater, FL. UPS Ground. Note that the second address there was mine, and two of the shipments were combined into one (to Staten Island).

View attachment 547352

Good call. Mine was within a few bucks, at about $122 total, also UPS ground. Good points of reference for folks getting into this in the future so no one's surprised.

Nice, good call to include that for people interested in the future.

Good call. Mine was within a few bucks, at about $122 total, also UPS ground. Good points of reference for folks getting into this in the future so no one's surprised.

Maybe whoever runs this next year should update the first post (if they copy and paste from the previous year, like I did). I had an estimate of $120 in there, and we exceeded that this year being one box short, so if you got a full crew, depending on the spread, it might actually be closer to $130-140.

In case anyone was curious, either in this group or in future years, here's the shipping costs from Clearwater, FL. UPS Ground. Note that the second address there was mine, and two of the shipments were combined into one (to Staten Island).

View attachment 547352
$128 sounds about right...I think it may have been a little lower for me most of the years I did the trade but I don't think we ever achieved a full cadre of brewers previously....

Yea I believe my costs are around the 120-130 range. Interestingly enough, it costs more for me to send a package to Fort Bragg than Pennsylvania or Florida.

Pretty impressive effort there. You're hired!

Thank you! I believe I've got a well rounded brew as well, little ginger, little honey, and the hops. Came in around 8.5%, nice color and body, I look forward to the foam...

DAE77684-0514-482F-848D-0B1F2EDB6AD1.jpeg
HopHeavy package received. I like the pipe insulation idea. I’m going to steal that.

My shipping cost was $140. I just used whatever boxes I had laying around from other trades. I could probably drop my cost a little if I used the same size box for the everyone.

Next time I will definitely have caps and labels printed!!!

I wish I had opened this thread! By the title, I just thought it was about a list of people's favorite 12 beers to drink during the holidays! I am definitely getting in on this next year...such a cool idea.

Wow by the looks of it we may need to make two rounds of this for next year. Lots of interest. I enjoyed brewing something I never would have otherwise and drinking beers I probably wouldn't have brewed either. Looking forward to having you all try it. Definitely want to do it again. maybe next year get two batches in for adjustment and comparision.

Wow by the looks of it we may need to make two rounds of this for next year. Lots of interest. I enjoyed brewing something I never would have otherwise and drinking beers I probably wouldn't have brewed either. Looking forward to having you all try it. Definitely want to do it again. maybe next year get two batches in for adjustment and comparision.
An east/west split would help save on shipping for those involved...

Or if you can find another participant within driving distance. You can cut you cost in half. I’m thinking about joining the next round also.

Or if you can find another participant within driving distance. You can cut you cost in half. I’m thinking about joining the next round also.
Another good idea. This would also promote fellowship between brewers who would otherwise never meet.

Has everyone received their package from me? They should have all been delivered. If not let me know and I can go into my FedEx account and check.

Running a little behind, my friend is printing labels for me. I will get all boxed up this weekend and shipped out early next week.

Got my package from TBC on Saturday. There were three beers in there. I could have swore I only needed two each. DOH, it was three all along. That's what I get for going off of memory and not reading the first post.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I thought I had a enough aside so drank a few and gave a few. I have 26 beers. I apologize but I need 4 volunteers to take 2 of the Juniper Rye Bock and take another replacement beer/cider/HB in return. I apologize, I thought I had pulled it off without a hitch. Stupid Murphy and his law.

I'll take a sub as well if still needed.

View attachment 547380 HopHeavy package received. I like the pipe insulation idea. I’m going to steal that.

My shipping cost was $140. I just used whatever boxes I had laying around from other trades. I could probably drop my cost a little if I used the same size box for the everyone.

Next time I will definitely have caps and labels printed!!!

They look like they're wearing little Russian fur caps!!! :D

Latest posts

Back