109 qt patio cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandelay

Reaction score
I managed to get one of these patio coolers with casters for free. 109qt! It holds an entire half barrel and is insulated. I originally thought before I saw dimensions that I'd be able to put about 3 kegs in it, put some taps on it and have an awesome deck kegerator. Turns out its height is a bit shorter than I and you have to have the lid off to fit kegs in it.

53007-iglooBarrel-b1.jpg

So, what do you guys think I should use it for?
Put 3 cornys in it with picnic taps (lid will have to remain off)
Put 3 cornys in it, make some sort of round collar/lid and have taps come out the side or top
Make a huge mash tun!

Features
Made of heavy duty gray plastic
Removable base for storage
Threaded drain plug for removal of melted ice (fits any standard garden hose)
Large capacity can even hold a half keg
Convenient lid is easy to remove
Rolls wherever you need it to go
Specs
Capacity: 109 qt
Outer Dimensions: 28 7/8”H with casters ( 22 3/8”H without casters) x 24 1/4” Dia
Inner Dimensions: 20 7/8”H x 20 3/4” Dia
Lid Adds 2 1/8”H

Well, what do you want to do? Entertain or make large batches?

I personally would make a huge mash tun w/ a cpvc manifold. This could be removed for serving with your corny's. Make a foam lid extension so you can cap it off without damaging the lid. Put holes in the foam for picnic taps.

Now it can be used as all three and requires nothing more than a ball valve on the out port, while still remaining intact.

Well, what do you want to do? Entertain or make large batches?

I personally would make a huge mash tun w/ a cpvc manifold. This could be removed for serving with your corny's. Make a foam lid extension so you can cap it off without damaging the lid. Put holes in the foam for picnic taps.

Now it can be used as all three and requires nothing more than a ball valve on the out port, while still remaining intact.

I like this! Part Mashtun, part kegerator. I can use the huge MLT to make large batches for parties and then serve out of my mash tun. Win win.

Also, SWMBO has talked about gettign a hot tub so that is a good idea as well

I'm brining this home this weekend. Due to the short dimensions I'm going to build some sort of round collar to cover the keg height and allow for an easy shank pass through.

Anybody have any ideas how to make a round collar?

I'm brining this home this weekend. Due to the short dimensions I'm going to build some sort of round collar to cover the keg height and allow for an easy shank pass through.

Anybody have any ideas how to make a round collar?

Don't know the dimensions, but, a section of a plastic barrel?

That thing looks like a perfect, huge MLT.

If you wanted to serve with your 109qt MLT, you really dont need to take anything out, just plop the corneys on top of your manifold, fill with ice and enjoy!

Back