10 gallon batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdahl1289

Reaction score
I have all the stuff to do two 5 gallon beers at one time. To do a 10g batch with one boil, what would i need to know? anyone seen a thread simalar to this?
I have a 7 gallon pot for the boil.

I'd suggest a bigger pot, but if you have everything else it's just like a normal brew day with double the results.

+1 on the bigger pot. I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 15 gallon. I use a keggle when I brew 10 gallon batches and even then I have to be careful for boilovers.

You're gonna need a bigger pot. Sure, you can do partial boils. Boil your wort and top off with water. But I personally don't like to do that. It's a PITA and some styles of beer just don't work well with partial boils. But I do understand that people must be inventive if they don't have the funds, space, or equipment to do full boils. I'm not downing anyone's technique.

And +1 on the pot size mentioned above. My rule is 2.5 - 5 gal over what you're target volume is. IMHO, find a 15gal pot if you're gonna do full boils with 10gal batches.

ok sounds like i need to wait till i have a bigger pot. I really want to convert a old keg into one, but i live in mn and them things are hard to get your hands on. I remeber in college having a couple empty ones always laying around, made good end tables. I am kicking myself now.

Back