1:30am; brewing done and goodnight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inverted_Giraffe

Reaction score
Well, my "simple" Hefeweizen took 8 hours to brew and rack to primary; lol.

Everything that went wrong in the past, went right, and everything that went right in the past, went wrong... so an awesome learning experience and hopefully a good grew in the end.

How long does everyone primary a hefeweizen (knowing it's a quick beer)?

I have the option of fermenting at a stable 62F or a range of 66-68F; what would you do?

I am thinking of dry hopping some New Zealand Pacific Gem (0.5 - 1 oz); what do you think on this?

So 12 Witte, Duvel, Sierra Nevada Porter, Hefeweizen, Tumbler, Lucky Bucket Lager, Leffe Belgian Blonde, etc. later and I am calling it a successful night :cross:

I check hydrometer a 7 days and again at 10days & rack to bottle or keg... never needed to go longer.

I ferment mine at the high 60's° range.

I like my hefe with 1 hopping at 60min with hallertauer so the banana and clove can come through, if you do go with a dry hop (for more of an american wheat) go with a 1/2oz. and no longer than a week.

hefe usually doesn't need dry-hop. Ferment at high sixties. If you really like the banana flavors you can go as high as 70, but no more.

Back