1/2 Barrel Keg Carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPen

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a kegerator with a commercial sankey keg + coupler and was wondering how I could use this setup for homebrew kegging. I can easily transfer my brew to the keg then throw the coupler on it and hit it with CO2 but how could I block the liquid out end of the coupler so I can force carb my beer? Is there a specific fitting used for this type of kegging? Thanks for any input!

I've never had to "block" the liquid side. I just connect it like I would a store bought keg and let it sit at a higher PSI. Just make sure you have a faucet or a picnic tap hooked up, and you'll be fine. You may want to put the picnic tap in a glass of sanitizer if you're using one...in case it leaks anything. Mine used to drip a little bit when I had beers carbonating.

Thanks guys, I figured as much. Some people told me it couldn't be done, now they'll just be jealous when I've got 15 gallons of cold beer on tap! :mug:

Back