Lost power, fermenter with london ale yeast stuck at 78 degrees for 24 hours!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaddox

Reaction score
Is this batch toast? The temperature of the fermenter was stuck at nearly 80 degrees for an entire day. It is just now getting back down to 70, but there is nothing coming out of the air-lock.....it seems dead?

Thanks!

How long was it fermenting before this happened?

Your batch is likely going to be fine, it might have some slight off flavors but I'll wager it e'll be beer, and you'll be happy with it because you made it!

Welcome to the forum. What did you brew?

It was in the conical fermenter for about a day before this happened. An american brown ale. It was bubbling about once a second out of the "S" air lock. Now for the last 24 hours, no activity.

Give it a couple weeks and then check the gravity, but I think you'll be fine. It's hard to judge these things by airlock activity alone.

I would wait a few days and then taste the gravity sample. If the fermentation was at its peak of activity it will probably taste poorly.:mug:

Latest posts

Back