Using a Tincture Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
So, Ive been making a habanero tincture. My question is how would you add it to the bottling bucket? I have a 5 gallon batch of Mango IPA. I'm going to split that when I go to bottle it, 3.5 gallons as a mango ipa and 1.5 gallons as a mango habanero ipa. How would you add it? Would I add my priming sugar solution to the bottling bucket, once I bottle 3.5 gallons, would I then add the habanero tincture? Or do I need to add 3.5 gallons with correct amount priming solution, bottle that. Then , add the priming solutionwith a few drops of the tincture and transfer the remaining 1.5 gallons on top of that and bottle?

I'd do the easy way, the way you described first. Prime the whole batch, bottle half, then add the tincture and bottle the other half. Mango Habanero IPA sounds great, btw. Let us know how it turns out!

when I add the drops of the tincture, will it automatically mix in with the beer thats left? or should i add the drops and let it sit for a few?

One suggestion. Pepper gets hotter as you drink it. If you base your level based on a small sip you could easily end up with beer that gets way too hit by the end of the pint. Personally I'd drink art Kat half a pint before deciding if the heat level is right.

I put the drops straight into the bottle and then filled the bottle with the mango ipa. Thanks for the tips

Back