Show your BIAB Stand/Set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for minimum footprint on this build due to lack of storage space.
2'x2' footprint, rotating pulley arm, automated ball valves, electric heating. 5-15 gallon batches.

image-e1470398151764.jpeg

image-4-e1470398340250.jpeg

image-6-e1470398380985.jpeg

image-1-e1470398219810.jpeg

Every one of your builds has like 100 more parts than mine.

I have BIAB envy...

Sounds like while we are detoxing you will still be brewing after the apocalypse ;) Something to be said for gravity feed. Don't even need propane really, can probably just get good at controlling a fire... I think I need your address, or at least your post apocalypse bunker address, haha

I thought I posted here but I guess not. Here is my BIAB set up as it was. There was rain, hail and sleet that day but I brewed two batches none the less. Looks kinda silly with the umbrella but hey you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Big changes are coming though. BIG Changes I tell you. Stay tuned.

I'll be back!!!

:mug::mug::mug:

0305171346.jpg

Only 2 batches in but been working great. Totally copied the idea from here though.

Edit- i can make decent beer but cant correctly post a picture here....go figure.

20170326_101702.jpg

The picture makes it look taller than it is. It's only a little over 7 ft tall, just right to let the bag hang over the kettle and drain.

Heck if you were closer I'd build you one!

Thanks, I wonder what the shipping between NM and MT would be ..... J/K! Actually, I like the design, and hope to have one built in the future.

The one I will have built, will have to be less than 4' tall. Due to my age, I will be electro-brewing on the top of an old steel school desk, which I have jacked up to about 3', and with the ceiling in our mobile home being just barely over 7', it would be crowded ;>) - LOL!

The one I will have built, will have to be less than 4' tall. Due to my age, I will be electro-brewing on the top of an old steel school desk, which I have jacked up to about 3', and with the ceiling in our mobile home being just barely over 7', it would be crowded ;>) - LOL!

With limited height, sometimes best to use a short length of cordage to lash or wrap the bag at mid bag to reduce length of lift by attaching the bag in the middle of the bag rather than the top of the bag.

"BIAB hoisting with ratchet pulley for details"
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=416419

This trick is also handy as it reduces height of bag and makes bag removal / lowering easier.

With limited height, sometimes best to use a short length of cordage to lash or wrap the bag at mid bag to reduce length of lift by attaching the bag in the middle of the bag rather than the top of the bag.

"BIAB hoisting with ratchet pulley for details"
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=416419

This trick is also handy as it reduces height of bag and makes bag removal / lowering easier.

THX, that knowledge will help! Also, your website is now bookmarked, since I've been looking for it for a while! I do note, however, that you don't offer a rack/tower to hang the BIAB from ;>).

Since I'm in an apt I Mash in a Bag. I have a range hood that is in the way of the hoist on the stove, so I just use a cooler and this thing I put together....

View attachment 211860

How did that hold up over time? I'm brewing in the kitchen on an induction plate on the kitchen table.

I'm in a rental so that's a no on the eye hooks, so looking for a similar solution just to hoist the bag. I have the 15G SS Brewtech kettle and am wondering if the uprights that you have would fit through my handles and would also be sturdy enough? I generally brew with max 7kg (~15lb) of grains .

I have space for 2.5cmm (1 inch) in the handles, another 2 or so mm to make it snug.

DSC_9388-3_800x-100x100.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my updated BIAB stand. I used to have a stand I made out of 4x4s, and a old desk. I moved recently, and decided to start brewing in the basement, instead of the garage. I still need to either make a top for a laptop, or I'll hang a monitor on the wall, and use a desktop. I would rather do the laptop. Also, need to add a ratchet and a rope to hoist the bag out of the kettle.
50594727_10215983776819645_1890997710140473344_n.jpg
50332466_10215983777059651_8057579266881093632_n.jpg

Simplistic and sexy. Easy to use and doesn't take up much space. Loving it!

Attachments

• Ss brewtech 1v eBIAB1_1.jpg
    Ss brewtech 1v eBIAB1_1.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 166
Back