Good mini fridge for 2.5-3.0 kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
I'm interested in building a 2.5 or 3 g. kegerator out of a mini fridge. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good mini fridge for this with limited modification needed to the fridge.

Any ideas, plans, good deals on taps, etc. appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

Hey dug, you might have more luck in the kegging forum. No tips from me, unfortunately, but those are my batch sizes too and I'd be interested in hearing the responses.

Looking into the same thing - so far, from what I've been able to figure out, a mini-fridge conversion is going to be more expensive than a 5cuft chest freezer.

The chest freezers can be found cheap enough, and can fit two 3gal pinlocks without too much trouble with room for a tank with the bonus of being able to run a 3gal/5gal combo also without needing to add a collar (in some models).

Eventually that's the route I want to go. I'd start checking the bottling/kegging forums for ideas as there's some great posts in there about chest freezer sizing.

Back