Need Help Rigging Tank And 2 Mini Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyg91

Reaction score
Okay, so my father in law bought two of these Vevor mini kegs —>

VEVOR Beer Growler Tap System, 270Oz Mini Keg, 8L Pressurized Beer Growler, 304 Stainless Steel Mini Keg Growler, Comes with Dual Pressure Display CO2 Regulator Faucet 20" Beer Hose Relief Ring, Black | VEVOR US

They take the 16 gram threaded co2 bulbs. It was fine using these for the first brew but we need something more efficient. So, we want to get a larger co2 tank and split a line going to both of these mini kegs. Any ideas on adapters or hosing etc? Any help would be appreciated and especially links to products that would work for this project.

Thanks in advance!

The CGA adapter will allow you to connect that regulator to a regular CO2 tank. The problem you're going to run into is where to put the tank with the limited space on the top of that keg. You will probably have to add a piece of tubing between the mini-regulator and the keg, and you'll probably need additional adapters to put hose barbs on the regulator and the keg spear.

The CGA adapter will allow you to connect that regulator to a regular CO2 tank. The problem you're going to run into is where to put the tank with the limited space on the top of that keg. You will probably have to add a piece of tubing between the mini-regulator and the keg, and you'll probably need additional adapters to put hose barbs on the regulator and the keg spear.
Awesome, great advice. Thanks a ton!

I have a similar issue where I am connecting to a paintball can instead of the 16 gram bulb. The adapter I got works great but I don't want to hang the can from the keg on the mini regulator. Ideally I would add a flex hose between the mini regulator and keg.
The fittings connecting the mini regulator use a 5/16 -32 or M8 X .075 thread (as close as I can tell) and I can't find a fitting to (duotight 8mm) go from the keg female thread.
I did get a different mini regulator that has different thread connections but have not measured those yet. Any suggestions on a different regulator or adapter?

This has a 1/4" barb for the gas out. It comes with a sodastream adapter that you won't need, but it's $3 less than one without the adapter. And since you already have the paintball adapter, who cares right?

1683653519419.png

this is exactly what you are talking about i think i get all my ideas from cankeg.com

the fridge tap kit works perfectly i have no problem carbonating beer with this system and it only requires sodastream canisters. his youtube videos have all the info on manifolds regulators etc.

morebeer has all the parts needed too

mac_1103, that would definitely work for me. I am looking at taps to change the female thread size right now so I can use something more standard like this duotight fitting Unfortunately it is out of stock here for now.

fluketamer, I got my adapter from cankeg and probably should have ordered this adapter as well. I would still need to tap the one mini regulator but my other one may have a 1/8 inch female thread.

Back