What does three week cider taste like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsan

Reaction score
Fresh pressed juice, notty yeast...getting a very sour taste...this is after three weeks...

Also surprised to see an ever present ring of little bubbles forming at neck...after three weeks

Using a reclaimed 6 gallon carboy that came from a winery so I'm worried about something fishy...

Og on sept 27 was 1050
It was 1000 on Oct 11 and 15

How does one know if it's going to vinegar? This was my batch that the airlock wasn't snug for a couple of days

hunter_la5 said:
Agreed, three weeks is too young. It needs to age. Is it even clear yet?
No still brown. Just surprised by the ring of constant bubbles almost a month and not racking later...

image-557188807.jpg

I did a batch of straight AJ with nottingham recently and yes it is very sour at first. I bottled after only 2 weeks, which was probably too early (my next batch I'm waiting 3 or 4) and when I tasted it during bottling I had to spit it out! But after about 2 weeks in a bottle it had drastically improved. And after a month it was even better...it was super carbonated, dry but slightly sweet with a good apple flavor and my friends absolutely loved it! Most of the funky taste will be out by then

Latest posts

Back