19.7 Monster Coffin Build - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > 19.7 Monster Coffin Build

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #11
evandena
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Madison, WI
Posts: 821
Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 907_fellow View Post
Mine is just going to involve painting the exterior of the freezer black, adding the 1x8" red maple color with a "gunstock" stain, and adding the same thing on the bottom ( basically a 1x4" collar that will cover up the wheels and such on the bottom). This one won't look like a peice of furniture as much as a coffin build but I am still going to try and make it look nice. Here is a pic of my previous build. That one cost me $1250. Attachment 72948


My plan tonigt is to ruin the brand new 19.7 cf freezer and sand it enough for the new paint to stick .
You sold that one for $2500?
__________________
My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/evandena/videos

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #12
907_fellow
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Soldotna, Alaska
Posts: 273
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts


That's correct

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #13
Kershner_Ale
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Montana
Posts: 235
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 907_fellow View Post
Mine is just going to involve painting the exterior of the freezer black, adding the 1x8" red maple color with a "gunstock" stain, and adding the same thing on the bottom ( basically a 1x4" collar that will cover up the wheels and such on the bottom). This one won't look like a peice of furniture as much as a coffin build but I am still going to try and make it look nice. Here is a pic of my previous build. That one cost me $1250. Attachment 72948


My plan tonigt is to ruin the brand new 19.7 cf freezer and sand it enough for the new paint to stick .
I saw that work of art on craiglist (I'm in Anchorage)! Good luck on the new build, looking forward to the final product.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #14
907_fellow
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Soldotna, Alaska
Posts: 273
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershner_Ale

I saw that work of art on craiglist (I'm in Anchorage)! Good luck on the new build, looking forward to the final product.
You should have bought her! Know anyone else that wants to buy one up there? It sold to a lady on fort rich

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #15
Kershner_Ale
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Montana
Posts: 235
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


I already have one taking up room I don't have to spare in the garage That one will get converted to a ferm chamber and I'll be building a new keezer this winter. I don't know anyone looking to buy one, you could try asking on Great Northern Brew Club's facebook page.

Hell, if I knew there were such a strong market for kegerators in AK I'd start building my own to sell!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
907_fellow
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Soldotna, Alaska
Posts: 273
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershner_Ale
Hell, if I knew there were such a strong market for kegerators in AK I'd start building my own to sell!
No you don't want to do that. I got in locked down. Don't need any others encroaching on my potential clientele!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
907_fellow
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Soldotna, Alaska
Posts: 273
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts


On another note, anyone have problems with primer sticking to the freezer? I used an automotive primer and it didn't want to stick all that well. Kinda did the whole crack and run thing. I have seen spray paint do this before when painting interior automotive parts but I didn't think it would be an issue on the freezer, since I sanded the whole thing. Hopefully the appliance enamel will go on better.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
tre9er
 
tre9er's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,371
Liked 242 Times on 197 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 907_fellow View Post
On another note, anyone have problems with primer sticking to the freezer? I used an automotive primer and it didn't want to stick all that well. Kinda did the whole crack and run thing. I have seen spray paint do this before when painting interior automotive parts but I didn't think it would be an issue on the freezer, since I sanded the whole thing. Hopefully the appliance enamel will go on better.
Don't they make appliance paint specifically for these applications or am I wrong?
__________________
_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #19
907_fellow
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Soldotna, Alaska
Posts: 273
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts


They do. That's what I am using for the top coat, but I tried to lay down some automotive primer and the freezer didn't bond with it. I'm sure the appliance paint for the top coat will stick better.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #20
KPSquared
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Posts: 365
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts


What did you clean with after sanding?

Might just be the enamel on their is not compatible with auto paints.
__________________
Watershed Brewing Co.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump