Igloo Kegerator at Walmart - $369

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly it went smooth. Make sure it is centered. Drill the holes straight. Don't over tighten as the liner in the fridge seems to give some. Larger washers or a plastic plate might be ideal. But the tower is very solid using the supplied hardware. I may remove the collar that the old tower locked into to open up the hole for cooling. The 2 beer lines fit through fine but there is not room for my tower fan hose. I my try the copper pipe trick to cool the lines.

No I did not. Holes were close to the edge of the hole in the plastic top though.

Good to know.

I'm planning on removing the top and drilling the holes into the fridge, and direct mounting the tower. Figured I'd drill cutout holes in the plastic top piece so I can access the screws for the tower easily and tighten down the tower once I have the plastic back on the fridge.

:mug:

I did drill the holes through the plastic top and through the fridge top. IMHO I don't think you need to remove the plastic top. It is very solid. I'll snap a couple pics and post them so you see what I mean.

Has anyone tried moving the CO2 tank to the outside of the fridge? If so, how'd it go? And did you have any problems drilling through the back or side for the line?

There is a hole at the back of the fridge on the hump for drainage, I assume. You may be able to run a CO2 line through there. I have a wire through mine for the tower fan.

Can someone please tell me if a 6.5 gallon bucket will fit or a 5 gallon carboy. I'm looking at using this for a fermentation chamber.

Anybody have advice on where to drill a hole for the gas hose so I can relocate the co2 tank outside?

Does anyone that has converted this two a two, or three, tap system have a list of parts needed to convert the CO2 setup to another tap? I want to keep the sanke coupler and add a ball lock connection I have figured out adding to the tower already.

I am posting this here and in the Igloo Kegerator at Home Depot thread. Hope it doesnt count as double posting :)

I finally had the opportunity to go pick up this kegerator from my son who lives about 700 miles away.

I have not hooked everything up yet but noticed that i cant move the tap handle.

It seems to be stuck has anyone else experienced this?

I have never kegged before so it could be a newbie thing. There are a couple screw type things that look like they need to be tightened and I did that and attached the tap handle and it wont move. Im assuming it should move forward to dispense beer.

I just bought one of these from Costco, does anybody have a plug & play solution for adding a second tap? Or do I just add a picnic tap on the inside?

Also is there a "how to" guide for adding the copper pipe tower chiller?

I am an ultra newb and am eager to get going but I think I need to take care of these 2 issues before firing up my box for the first time.

Thx.

I put the beer line through a 2' length of 1/2" copper pipe. Pushed the pipe up the tower as far as it would go and then put a wire tie on beer line by bottom of the copper pipe to hold it in place.

Is it safe to drill into the top of this thing to add a 3" tower?

I was able to on my to put a 3 tap tower on my kegerator. I used the existing hole for the beer lines but had to drill 4 holes to attach the tower to the fridge. I didn't hit any lines that I can tell. The fridge has been running strong for about 5 months now.

^^
Same here! Centered a 3" Stainless dual tap with perlicks over the hole and drilled 4 holes through the top of fridge. Been 3-4 months with no issues.

68134801-2454-4AA2-B109-C77C59E7E3B2_zpswip0nsvb.jpg

I was able to on my to put a 3 tap tower on my kegerator. I used the existing hole for the beer lines but had to drill 4 holes to attach the tower to the fridge. I didn't hit any lines that I can tell. The fridge has been running strong for about 5 months now.
What size kegs do you use? I have two used ball-lock cornies, and while I'd like to have third, it doesn't seem like another of the same size will fit inside the kegerator.

What size kegs do you use? I have two used ball-lock cornies, and while I'd like to have third, it doesn't seem like another of the same size will fit inside the kegerator.

I use 3 ball locks. Pepsi style and not converted pin locks. It's a tight fit but it works. 2 kegs are side by side against the compressor hump and one sits in front making a triangle shape.

So far just 2 sixtels. I want to try a tall 1/4 and a sixtel at a time. With my tower fan it would be tough to add a third. 2 is plenty for me.

Did you drill right through to the inside of the fridge?

That's how I did mine. I had to remove the top plastic cover so I could place the tap tower directly on the top of the fridge. Then I marked the holes and drilled straight through into the fridge.

The tower I bought from Kegco came with gaskets and hardware to allow it to attach without letting out air.

Did you drill right through to the inside of the fridge?

Yes I centered the tower over the original hole and drilled right through the top plastic cover and he whole way through into the fridge. Everything worked out fine. No leaks and very secure.

Btw, if you look at post 206 of this thread you can see the pics I took of the top and inside of the fridge.

Awesome, glad to hear it worked out for you. I went a little different and fitted the existing twist lock collar onto a new tower. I then had to drill another hole for the second tap. The drilling of the tower was a serious pain in the ass, and it's a bit of a tight fit to get both of the 90 degree shanks to fit.

Sorry I missed your post. I did make a tower fan out of a project box and fan I purchased at radio shack. It helps some and does still fit through the original hole with both beer lines. I would like to try the copper pipe method to see if it improves pours over the tower fan method though.

Sorry I missed your post. I did make a tower fan out of a project box and fan I purchased at radio shack. It helps some and does still fit through the original hole with both beer lines. I would like to try the copper pipe method to see if it improves pours over the tower fan method though.

I just bought copper pipe this weekend but it looks to be me small. Will try it out next weekend most likely

Yes I centered the tower over the original hole and drilled right through the top plastic cover and he whole way through into the fridge. Everything worked out fine. No leaks and very secure.

Sorry to bring up a old thread but I wanted to know if you could let me know what size drill bit you used for the holes? I'm about to try and mount a dual tap but don't want to screw up and make the wrong size holes.

Sorry to bring up a old thread but I wanted to know if you could let me know what size drill bit you used for the holes? I'm about to try and mount a dual tap but don't want to screw up and make the wrong size holes.

I do not recall the size of the holes I drilled. But I would just go with a bit one size larger than the bolts that came with the tower.

Im currently having huge temperature issues with mine.

At the VERY lowest setting, just a sliver above "OFF" turned until the fridge kicks in it's below freezing.

I obviously don't want my beer to freeze...any ideas?

Im currently having huge temperature issues with mine.

At the VERY lowest setting, just a sliver above "OFF" turned until the fridge kicks in it's below freezing.

I obviously don't want my beer to freeze...any ideas?
Easy Easy Get an Inkbird controller.Plug you fridge into the controller and plug the controller into the wall...Couldn't be more easy to override a fridge temp controller and youll can set it within 1 deg of your desired temp...Its a must have for kegging

Last edited by a moderator:
Back