Dead guy. Gotta love CostCo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
24 pack...$24.99. This stuff is 10 bucks a sixer at the grocery store when it's not on sale, and that's usually only a buck off. I'm a happy boy. :ban:

Costco sells ninkasi in my area which is even better.
36 bucks for a 12 of 22ozs

Too bad here in communist Montgomery County MD, all the liquor/wine/beer must be bought from the county gov't and must be sold at a county liquor store or a sanctioned beer + wine deli. A handful of states regulate alcohol this way, but Montgomery County, MD is the only county in the nation that holds that control, and they will likely never let go of it :mad:

I wish I could buy beer at Costco :(

Too bad here in communist Montgomery County MD, all the liquor/wine/beer must be bought from the county gov't and must be sold at a county liquor store or a sanctioned beer + wine deli. A handful of states regulate alcohol this way, but Montgomery County, MD is the only county in the nation that holds that control, and they will likely never let go of it :mad:

Oh I sympathize. Years ago I lived there and I remember how odd it all seemed (and I wasn't much of a beer drinker back then, but it seemed like a huge inconvenience)

They have odd laws in Mass. There are a couple of towns that seem to have relaxed laws and/or the stores/franchises have some loophole they get through. There's a Trader Joe's in Cambridge, MA that has super discounted beer and wine. An unexpected bonus - their annual special TJ's ale is made by Unibroue and is almost always very tasty (and it's about $5.99 for a bomber)

24 pack...$24.99. This stuff is 10 bucks a sixer at the grocery store when it's not on sale, and that's usually only a buck off. I'm a happy boy. :ban:

That's epic. I've seen it for as high as 15 a six pack here. We don't have a costco that I know about, but we have BJ's which is similar, and all the most "quality" thing that they have is heineken.

Nice! In Ventura Co in SoCal we have Firestone DBA and also a multi-pack of DBA, Pale31 and Union Jack for $23.99. 10 buck a sixer at Vons... hell of a deal!

Our Costco in the SF Bay Area doesn't have this, but they do carry the "Kirkland" Brand of mixed varieties brewed by Gordon Biersch for really cheap < $20 for a case of 24. Also, you can go to Trader Joe's and get Firestone Walker at $5.99/6 pack for their "Mission Street" line of pale ales, IPAs, Brown Ales, Hefewiezen's.

At the costco around here I've seen killer deals on:

24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Stone IPA
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Deschutes Jubelale
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Bridgeport Hop Czar
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Hale's Mongoose IPA
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Deschutes Mirror Pond
24 packs of Guinness Draft Cans
12 pack of 22 oz bottles of Stone Arrogant Bastard
3 bottle variety pack of Unibroue (I think Maudite, Fin du Monde, and Trois Pistoles)

All at insanely good prices.

At the costco around here I've seen killer deals on:

24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Stone IPA
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Deschutes Jubelale
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Bridgeport Hop Czar
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Hale's Mongoose IPA
24 packs of 12 oz bottles of Deschutes Mirror Pond
24 packs of Guinness Draft Cans
12 pack of 22 oz bottles of Stone Arrogant Bastard
3 bottle variety pack of Unibroue (I think Maudite, Fin du Monde, and Trois Pistoles)

All at insanely good prices.

u suck. the only Stone available here is Arrogant Bastard and it's only available at the gov't liquor store, as a single 22oz for $5 each

u suck. the only Stone available here is Arrogant Bastard and it's only available at the gov't liquor store, as a single 22oz for $5 each

I can only get Arrogant Bastard in single bombers too. That's why I clone it so I can have 5 gallon batches of my own. :D

It's a little bit of a drive but Corridor Fine Wine in Laurel has a pretty good selection of beers.

It's basically Total Wine getting around MD laws.:ban:

I'm not over in the Beltsville/CP area too often, but I imagine it's pretty decent. Once you get into PG county there are independent liquor stores, you can buy beer at the gas station, etc. Total Wine in Virginia is awesome.

Montgomery County calls itself a "Control Jurisdiction" http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/dlctmpl.asp?url=/Content/dlc/liquor/home/history.asp and talks about it as if it's a great thing. The "Great thing" of course, is over $200M into the County Gov'ts coffers instead of going into the private sector over the last decade. That financial aspect of it is why they will never relinquish what they consider their "right" to sell liquor to the public. By ordaining it as a "right" that only the gov't has, anyone who's not the gov't and is selling booze is in violation. I never knew there were "rights" that gov't exclusively had that didn't apply to the People.

Most of the content on MoCo's page comes directly from propaganda page of the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association http://www.nabca.org/ (look under MD)

It's all about control. The Government just wants more and more control. The more control they get, the less freedom We The People have.:mad:

I'm surprised we (I work at Costco in Washington) have been carrying Dead Guy Ale for as long as we have this year. Generally it's only an item we have in stock near October for Halloween, but we've been carrying it since May/June and there is no sign of us stopping.

I'd really like Costco to start carrying the variety pack of Stone beers, but I'll have to sate that with Jubelale in October.

I'm surprised we (I work at Costco in Washington) have been carrying Dead Guy Ale for as long as we have this year. Generally it's only an item we have in stock near October for Halloween, but we've been carrying it since May/June and there is no sign of us stopping.

I'd really like Costco to start carrying the variety pack of Stone beers, but I'll have to sate that with Jubelale in October.

Do you give samples of it in the store like Costco does for other things? ;)

dead guy sells for nearly thirteen bucks a sixer at the HEB right by my apt. complex.

so expensive. i just wished they had that hazelnut brown nectar that I tried at the brewmaster's international. that stuff was amazing.

i just wished they had that hazelnut brown nectar that I tried at the brewmaster's international. that stuff was amazing.

Today my posts are sponsored by "The World Market" they seem to carry what everyone is asking for...No, it is not my favy store in the whole world, I really do not even like it that much BUT I know my local has these hazelnut brown nectar in 22oz bombers.

Virginia is only 10 miles away. Great beer selection almost anywhere.

my costco had 4 packs of Duvel with a glass for like 12 bucks, so i got one yesterday. probably not the best deal ever, but hey, there was a glass in there

You need to go to "cork and fork" in Bethesda. We have all the Stone beers, including the seasonal ones as available, in the Gainesville store.

Virginia is only 10 miles away. Great beer selection almost anywhere.

We have a store in DC as well. Its nearly impossible to keep the beer in stock so you can be assured it is fresh. Be sure to tell them Alex from the Gainesville store sent you.

BTW - we offer "make your own six pack" so you can pull bottles out of individual 6/4 packs and mix and match as you want.

Back