Veterans FFB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it's time to talk about a FFB league this year. Ohiobrewtus is willing to commish, and I'm willing to handle the money. I probably will NOT have time to play, though. There is too much going on in my life right now.

Any veterans want to claim their place again?

Me. Always looking forward to FFB here, need to get back to my winning ways again.

Yoops, I shot you the list of last year's participants.

Ok, so far we've got "yes" from:

Boston
Ohiobrewtus
Bird
DesertBrew
Schweaty
Bearcat Brewmeister
ErikTlupus

I sent PMs to the rest of the participants from last year.

Some of the guys from the hbt fantasy baseball league wanted to do a league. How many slots do you have open?

We don't know yet. There's a second FFB league here, too, there may be some opening there. Imagine there's probably enough total interest around here to get three leagues going, if we wanted.

Some of the guys from the hbt fantasy baseball league wanted to do a league. How many slots do you have open?

I don't know quite yet. We should have at least one. We're giving preference to the current players, and then we'll open it up to new players when we know. If you're interested, just post it here and we'll probably do a lottery or pick somebody who's been wanting in for a while. Last year we only added one or two, and they were guys who had been wanting to join for a while. I'll definitely let you know!

I'd like to be considered if there is room. I had to resort to kicking asses in the rejects league last year. :D

Anybody from the rejects league last year is first on the list this year to join the grown-ups!

Bozo, you're currently at the top of the list and we'll fill from the oldtimers and rejects first before adding anybody else. There are several people last year who ended up in the rejects league last year because we didn't have room for more players. My memory sucks, though, so they have to post here to speak of their interest.

I made a note of others wanting to join, so don't be shy if you want in! (Riverfront, I've noted that you'd like a spot if one is open to newcomers).

We'll have at least two openings, as I'm too busy to play and so is ollllllllllllo.

Last year we charged $25, and money was paid out to first, second, and third place.

Ok, so far we've got "yes" from:

Boston
Ohiobrewtus
Bird
DesertBrew
Schweaty
Bearcat Brewmeister
ErikTlupus

I sent PMs to the rest of the participants from last year.

Updated:
Boston
Ohiobrewtus
Bird
DesertBrew
Schweaty
Bearcat Brewmeister
ErikTlupus
Walker
Marubozo

The commish says we have room for one more. Priority will be given to the "Rejects League" veterans, and then to whomever posted here with interest.

Awesome.....I don't want you guys to call it beginner luck when I kick some HBT ass either!

Just kiddin, I like a little good natured trash talk!

Awesome.....I don't want you guys to call it beginner luck when I kick some HBT ass either!

Just kiddin, I like a little good natured trash talk!

Welcome!

Trash talk is expected and welcomed. At least, since I'm not playing this year, you don't risk being beaten by a GIRL!

Agree w Schweaty......another league i have been in usually drafts around Labor day weekend. The last couple of years have been on Labor Day at about 7pm....I guess they figure everyone is back from trips, etc.

But as long as it's after 6pm (MTN) or anytime on Sat or Sun, I can make it.

Thanks!

Ok, here's what we've got:

Ohiobrewtus sent me the leage ID and password. I'll PM that to you, along with my paypal address. The cost is $25. Someone told me that if you send it as a "gift" to me, we can avoid Paypal's charges. If you trust me, that would be my preference. If you choose to send a check instead of paypal, that's fine. PM me for my address. If you don't pay, you don't play!

The live draft is on Wed Aug 25 5:00pm PDT.

Riverfront brewer is signed in....money sent, Yooper. Is the draft order set by a random drawing (maybe yahoo can be set to randomly do this?)

Thanks--

Dibs on Bozo's slot next year when he's given up on FFB, brewing, and life in general.

Riverfront brewer is signed in....money sent, Yooper. Is the draft order set by a random drawing (maybe yahoo can be set to randomly do this?)

Thanks--

Yahoo selects randomly.

Ok, here's who are paid up:

Bearcat Brewmeister
Marubozo

A check coming from:
Riverfrontbrewer

The rest of you- get on the ball!

I'll get you money next week, Yoop.

As for the draft, I don't care when it is. I just picked a date and time because I had to in order to create the league.

I'm not changing it repeatedly though. Everyone post up 2 or 3 options of day/time combinations that work for you, and we'll go with whatever is the most common among the responses. There's no way to get it setup so that it works perfectly for everyone, so if you can't make it you'll have to autodraft.

Last chance to speak up about the draft date and time. If I don't get more feedback it will remain on Wednesday, 8/25 at 8pm EST.

Whatever's convenient for you. Ideal preference might be to do it after the third preseason game, but I'm fine with whatever.

Yoop, I'm playing catchup today, I'll get a check in the mail to you.

My team's name has been changed to "Brandon's Spike," in honor of the Pat's rookie linebacker who's been, uh... "spending a little extra time in the film room."

You know that interest starts to accrue after September 1st, right? 5% daily.

No, you don't have to pay cash interest! Geez.

You pay beer to the organizer and treasurer. 1 per day per person. So, if it takes you another 6 days to pay, you owe both me and Ohiobrewtus a sixer.

Latest posts

Back