Analog Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_beer

Reaction score
I am going to get my keggerator fired up tonight, it is a small chest freezer and I need to get a temperature controller for it. My question is in regards to the capilliary tube that analog controllers use. How easy is it to kink it? I do not yet know how I am going to set it up and I was wondering if routing it through the lid until a more permanent solution could be made would risk damaging it.

Thanks!
Paul

Routing through the lid:
It's designed that way. They do not recommend installing it any other way per my Johnson Controls instructions.

Awesome! Thank you. Any other sage advice before I go out and buy one tonight?

I've had analog controllers & digital controllers. The little tubes on the analog controllers are way too easy to damage, I'll never buy another.

david_42 said:
I've had analog controllers & digital controllers. The little tubes on the analog controllers are way too easy to damage, I'll never buy another.

Second that opinion brother!

I also have both, and the Ranco digital is far superior. It can be configured easily, and allows for finer control of the temperature in your kegerator.

Just my $0.02

Matt

I' ve had one for several years on my chest freezer with no problems. I just have the capillary tube routed on the back (hindge side) and have had no problems at all!!!:mug:

Back