Beer fines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polecreek

Reaction score
I propose beer fines for hijacking threads. I am guilty but that is a prior misdemeanor. I propose you have to drink a coors everytime you jack a thread. Any other ideas?

Isn't Coors that soda pop that I used to drink before I discovered BEER? I'm sure it was...

BTW - You could always spray paint your trash bags and then you get them in any color you want! Hey Hey I want trash bags!! *cue A team theme*

back to the topic at hand, What if a thread goes dormant for like 6 months, is it ok to resurrect it with totally relevant new information but at the same time also asking for advice that was different from the original poster. I was found guilty of this a few days ago. My theory was well I've done my homework and clicked the search button, but even then I need more info. THe thread I posted in had a good amount of important information and I didn't want to re-invent the wheel. Was I really wrong to do so?

I kind of look at posts as something people will refer to just as I am.

If I think I have relevant information I usually tack it on if the OP has
already got his/her answer. But I've been learning to use the search
more efficiently so as not to tarnish my good name and jumble up the
board.

I kind of look at posts as something people will refer to just as I am.

If I think I have relevant information I usually tack it on if the OP has
already got his/her answer. But I've been learning to use the search
more efficiently so as not to tarnish my good name and jumble up the
board.

Yup that is what I did, I had the same question as OP. The thread was dead, when I posted, someone made a comment, and I replied saying what my situation was and what would work. I got ripped saying the thread was not about me it was about OP. oh well live and learn. Lighten up folks.

Coors delivery girls:
coorslight0ye.jpg

If that is the fine then;

A horse walks into a bar. Bartender says "Why the long face?"

Fine me, Fine me, Fine me.

back to the topic at hand, What if a thread goes dormant for like 6 months, is it ok to resurrect it with totally relevant new information but at the same time also asking for advice that was different from the original poster. I was found guilty of this a few days ago. My theory was well I've done my homework and clicked the search button, but even then I need more info. THe thread I posted in had a good amount of important information and I didn't want to re-invent the wheel. Was I really wrong to do so?

dont think there is anything wrong with resurrecting old threads that has pertinent information. i mean all threads evolve

and i wont drink coors but give me a bud lite and ill drink it.

**** cake, pie all the way!!!

I don't have any Coors, but I do have some Bud Select that someone left here at my last party. They brought that, drank my homebrew, and left that crap in my cooler. I wasn't pissed they drank my homebrew, just that now I have to explain why I have the Bud Select at my house.

Any Technical threads that are hijacked should be reported to a MOD.
The threads in technical forums need to remain easy to read and search.

OT posts will be deleted or moved.

You want real impact?

Hijacker has to share homebrew with everyone that posted in the thread prior to their hijack.

I rather like the hijacks. Keeps things interesting. Freeflow thought process works best for me and I can follow along tangential paths.

On an unrelated thought, How much do folks hate the Ale Pale as a fermenter?

Back