Dose any one remeber those beer bottles with the Fat Necks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerverde

Reaction score
My friends think I'm insane but I remember way back when Budweiser, or some one, produced these beer bottles that had like a fathead/neck on the top part of the bottle. and I've been searching the web looking for just one pic to prove to them that they existed.

I remember we used to say these bottles looked like glass dongs. Honestly I had no idea what they where thinking. I think they said it kept the beer from foaming too much or some bull. All I know is that they looked ridiculous.

Can any one else confirm my ramblings?..

Do you mean the BUD Bowling Pin bottles?

bud%20bowling%20pins.JPG

I thought you were talking about Mickey's Big Mouth until you got the part about it looking like a dong.

Mickeys.jpg

I can confirm it but I don't remember who advertized it. It wasn't a Mickeys that I tried. I just remember it being released, I tried it and it was harder to drink from.

whatever you do, don't do a google image search on "beer bottle looks like a dildo"

When I was in a bowling league about 10-12 years ago, AB ran a major ad campaign in all of the local bowling centers around here featuring these bottles. It did make it interesting to watch some of the ladies drink directly from the bottles (and painful at times because SWMBO has pointy elbows and she was on my team).

I have not seen them anywhere in a long time.

I've never seen them. Is it at all lanes where you're at our just one?

I'm not sure how many alley's serve them in my area. I know that the one I bowl in still sells them that way. They also carry Two hearted ale so I don't ever buy the bowling pin. If you want a couple empties let me know. They are screw top though.

Back