Keep Running out of beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
I just don't see any end. I keep running out. I am brewing every two weeks and it isn't enough. I mean, I gave 2 gallons to someone for a tailgating party, but that still means that I drank 3 gallons in two weeks (I had help, but still...). And this is just at work! What the hell.

So I decided I would get smart and brew a 10 gallon batch instead. So yesterday I do up a Mild Brown which is ferementing. 5 of that is going to be supporting a little Oktember fest happening the first weekend of November and I hope that it is enough. The other 5 might well get "donated" to a friend in need of some beer. So there I am back at square one with no freaking beer again!

I just tapped my Pumpkin Porter which I wanted to save for a later tapping, but it is most likely going to go the way of the dinosaurs in the next month and that means no more Pumpkin Porter for Thanksgiving...And it is only brewed on the 6th of October!

What the heck can I do? I mean, I can brew 13 gallons at a time in my pot, so I could move onto 10 gallons every two weeks until I catch up...

*note to self... quit sneaking into Matt's house and drinking his beer... he's starting to suspect something...

7/2 - Gone
7/30 - Gone
8/5 - Gone
8/20 - Still have about 6-22oz bottles, Mild Brown
8/26 - Apple Wine, still in Carboy
9/16 - Gone
10/8 - Just Tapped in the keg two days ago, Pumpkin Porter
10/26 - 10 gallon just started fermentation

I mean, the beer isn't ready by many peoples thoughts. If I were a brewpub I would be ecstatic and brew more. Sadly I am not though and have to "fit" this in. I was just talking with my boss yesterday that I have brewed four times during our busiest time of the year and it is all gone! Sumbitch man...

And ChshreCat, I have just installed a viscious Jack Russel, so careful next time. She might lick that smile off your face!

That's a problem I can help solve. Just send any extra beer you have my direction. I won't even charge a disposal fee! :)

I feel your pain brother! It's all I can do to keep my pipeline full and I give very little away. I think I'm gonna need a bigger brewpot. 5 gal batches are just barely keepin' up.

Well i look at the donations as people who enjoy the product, and so it is just the same as having some friends over right? I never thought that I would go through this amount of beer though. My first one was five gallons and the next two were four days apart. Then I figured I would do one up for work and then the home supply went low, so I brewed for home. Then the work keg blew! So the home keg then went to work and I brewed again for home.

I mean, soon I will have time to brew two or three days in a row, but come on...that is an immense quantity of beer drinking. Isn't the legal limit like 200 gallons. I am on month number 4 and have 40 gallons brewed and 25 gone! If I keep this up I will hit 120 a year of drinking beer! Son of a gun....

PS...apparently FAT x NUB, I can assist in the drinking of all of your "excess" beer as well, so just ship here, my UPS number is #123456789 and FedEx is #987654321. Do it Next Day Air, so that I can have some beer on tap when my kegs blow!

Back