2010 Pay it Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
I searched, but didn't find.... Is there an Official 2010 "Pay it Forward" thread? I'm putting together of few odds and ends now. :D

pay it forward and try to get friends to start homebrewing or start appreciating homebrew and the different flavors you can offer.

pay it forward and try to get friends to start homebrewing or start appreciating homebrew and the different flavors you can offer.

???? Not sure what you are getting at. Once or twice a year we do a collective "pay it forward". People pass on odds and ends the no longer use, like cappers, autosiphons, a few oz of hops, a tap handle, some gaskets, hose, extra malt, and even some bigger ticket items the brewer has just grown out of etc. Not really anything that could start someone brewing, just stuff you have sitting around that other people could probably use.

Snafu - I know we did one back in November...? (I think). Maybe if you mention something to Yoop or another Mod they can make it happen. Otherwise, its perfectly acceptable to PIF stuff in the classifieds outside of any collective effort.

Yeah, it's usually during the holidays that we do the "official" thread. Many of us get new brew stuff then, and we're cleaning out the old stuff. It's not an all-year-round thing. To be honest, it's a huge PITA to moderate, since we have some that want to "hog" the goodies, the thread goes easily off-topic, it needs to be monitored, and I'm not willing to do it all year long. Once a year, sure. But unfortunately, a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch and I don't think any of us want to babysit the thread.

You can definitely post a freebie ad in the classifieds if you want. I'm sure it'll be appreciated!

No need for a thread or official time to do some forward paying.

I gave a 6.5 gallon carboy to skeeordye11 in January and sent some tap handle inserts to moxie in Nova Scotia a few weeks ago.

Then "Ohio Ed" sent me a small electrical switch I needed.

My karma score is pretty good right now.

Thanks, I guess I always assumed it was a yearly on-going thing. I'm just now getting to the point where I have "extra" stuff laying around. I certainly understand what a PITA that would be on the backside to moderate.

Back