What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's the one. The Harviestoun are on the end shelf right before you turn down the beer aisle next to the coolers. I like that Specs. I don't live anywhere near it, but I pass by it every week while working so I stop in quite a bit. The beer guy is nice and pretty cool and actually knows about beer. Which is a lot more than I can say about the beer guys at some of the other locations.

Yeah. I was living at 610 and N post oak so it was convenient. I'm gonna miss that one. Just moved to SA, so luckily the specs here still carry all the Houston stuff

Celebrating getting over whatever sickness I had for the past week and drinking fancy. Although, at $4.99 each, one could argue this isn't quite drinking fancy. ;)

This too. :D

At $5 ea, someone effed up pricing those.

Hmmm. Pic didnt work lets try again.

dequveda.jpg

There were also several others and home brews. Now back to FBS and the godfather

Where did you drink these?

Sent from my AT100 using Home Brew mobile app

Okoboji- The Hole in Hadrians Wall. A scottish ale brewed with heather tips @9.5% tallboy. Taste unintentionally infected,somewhat tart/sour barrel aged yet kinda good. Not like the scottish ale you would think of. Interesting. Okobji shure seemed to hit the infected beer impression since trying all of them taste infected. Overcarbed,belgiany. I think this beer might be better than I think it is, it also grew on me and is one of the few of theirs I like more. Grew on me. Woody and tart with berries. Think I underated this and not shure if this is unintentionaly funky/sour/fruity. Kinda thinking the 9.5% is talking and not me though now.

Started with my cider earlier. Citra dry hop. For some reason I thought undercarbing would be a good idea. I like just barely carbed ciders, but it hides the dry hop. Still like it a lot tho. Great clarity, the glass just has some condensation.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389499290.377763.jpg

Now enjoying a friend's coconut porter. Coconut flavor has faded since the last time I had it, but it's still a good beer.

Mixing it up tonight. First time out in awhile so jack and cokes started the night. Home now and onto jack and gingers. Yummmmm

Yeah. I was living at 610 and N post oak so it was convenient. I'm gonna miss that one. Just moved to SA, so luckily the specs here still carry all the Houston stuff

Check the Gabriel's on 1604 near 210 ... great selection.

Sent from my mobile device, pardon my brevity.

That's about the same as I get it for here. Maybe $1 more IIRC. It's been a while since I bought it.

It's good stuff. I can detect a difference in the 16 over the 12. More whisky barrel presence in it. Of course, the 12 was bottled 2/12 and the 16 was bottled 4/13. So that could have something to do with it. I'll definitely be picking up more 16.

Bottle of Ommegang Three Philosophers and a bottle of Prairie Noir has me slightly drunk :mug:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Having a only ipa ever brewd with bry-97 from over a year ago. 1.05-1.006. 36%2 row 18% Vienna 18% American red wheat 18% Belgian Pils 5% crystal 60 5% crystal 20 and Summit Columbus hops with pacific jade dryhop. Super attenuater in this one for some reason. Even mashed about 152-4. Kinda muted hops for a yeast is my conclusion. Looks beautiful but has a bit of a rubbery aroma( I pitched a whole pack of yeast with a 1.05 og for a 2.5 gallon batch so...), bitterness is good as opposed to its yeast character of supposibly reducing perceived bitterness- I say reduced hop character. I believe that alot of hop flavor aroma gets fermented out with this yeast more in the finish though. Its there at first but quickly dimishes to nothing but dryness with a bitter- kind of abrubtly. Because of the attenuation maybe. Maybe a weird grain bill for an ipa? Maybe I dont like the hop combo but the hops at this point are pretty much gone in aroma anyway but not flavor but thats due to age- I understand. So note to self is the yeast or maybe my malt bill has to do with it, that hops are short lived and get cut off half way through with a dry tasteless/bland finish. Not a bad thing its just hops get cut short of its super clean/dry finish. Not really too shure what is going on here, do I not like the yeast or just my recipe/hops combo? Will try the yeast again. Maybe the wheat malt really dried it out, it sounded good but maybe didnt turn out as good as I had hoped. Moving on.... from drinking a beer that was just probably simply better when younger.

BrauMann said:
Bottle of Ommegang Three Philosophers and a bottle of Prairie Noir has me slightly drunk :mug:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Sid the 2014 3 philos come out yet? I have a couple 2012s and 13' aging.

Sick as a dog and drinking NyQuil. Damn this came on fast. Felt OK yesterday and now, can hardly breathe. I want a beer but gonna hold off til I start feeling better.

Sick as a dog and drinking NyQuil. Damn this came on fast. Felt OK yesterday and now, can hardly breathe. I want a beer but gonna hold off til I start feeling better.

Sucks man! I hope you start feeling better soon. I've been feeling like garbage for the past week and finally started feeling a little better today. Well, at least good enough for a few beers.

Year old amarillo ipa. I apologize for no pics. Still has great aroma, wlp001 is killing bry-97 with this. Ive been on a yeast comparison kick latley and am comparing the chico strains. I did happen to use a starter with this wlp001 all amarillo ipa that I like alot. Has a really nice malt and stone fruit balance. The trick in this one was to add a small amount of good malts like german vienna/american munich, aromatic,buiscuit, 120,60, white wheat, and british amber. Reminds me of some certain west coast malt character. Amarillo is still kickin in this year old beer that is quite good still. Wow, did good and was my own recipe. Pretty nice. The maltiness will hold up where the hops would leave off with age. Think it was a green flash/something else inspired beer. Finished 1.007 but has sweetness and body yet somehow. Oddly I thought this beer reached its peak young but now I stand corrected.

Year old amarillo ipa. I apologize for no pics. Still has great aroma, wlp001 is killing bry-97 with this. Ive been on a yeast comparison kick latley and am comparing the chico strains. I did happen to use a starter with this wlp001 all amarillo ipa that I like alot. Has a really nice malt and stone fruit balance. The trick in this one was to add a small amount of good malts like german vienna/american munich, aromatic,buiscuit, 120,60, white wheat, and british amber. Reminds me of some certain west coast malt character. Amarillo is still kickin in this year old beer that is quite good still. Wow, did good and was my own recipe. Pretty nice. The maltiness will hold up where the hops would leave off with age. Think it was a green flash/something else inspired beer. Finished 1.007 but has sweetness and body yet somehow. Oddly I thought this beer reached its peak young but now I stand corrected.

It is pretty crazy the effect a yeast has on the finished beer and hop character. I won't use White Labs San Diego Super yeast on any hoppy beers anymore for that reason.

Back