Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw this one together for my blond ale

BeerLabel.jpg

I use a free photoshop type program called "gimp". It is fairly easy to use and there are a ton of tutorials out there as well. I don't have the money to pay for photoshop!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I use a free photoshop type program called "gimp". It is fairly easy to use and there are a ton of tutorials out there as well. I don't have the money to pay for photoshop!

+1
I have used this for my business, now I will use for labeling. (I haven't made any labels yet, except masking tape and a perminant marker)

Gimp is a good program, and way powerful. I also use Inkscape, which is a vector drawing program, also open source.

+1 to being a cheap-ass!
:rockin:

Isn't photoshop $20 a month? Wait around for some deals...not that you NEED photoshop to make labels. I prefer elements anyway. Cuts out all the stuff you'll never need if you just make labels

Isn't photoshop $20 a month? Wait around for some deals...not that you NEED photoshop to make labels. I prefer elements anyway. Cuts out all the stuff you'll never need if you just make labels
I don't know enough about all the photo software to know about Elements and that stuff. I used free versions of CorelDraw and CorelPhotoPaint for years, but I ran out of backward-compatible free versions for my current OS, so now I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 which is no longer supported by adobe, so they give it away for free. The only complaint I have with it is it will pop up the registration screen every time you use it. You don't have to register it to use it, and even if you do register it, it doesn't save the info, so you'd just have to do it again. But two extra clicks to close the nag screens is a pretty good deal!

Be sure you copy the appropriate serial numbers below the download section.

tumblr_mfpj8uusJF1rw4tyjo1_500.png

tumblr_n3drrgYutI1rw4tyjo1_500.png

Label and neck badn from a cask aged Oktoberfest beer... abysmal failure. WAY to much oak - bought a nice 2.5 gal keg and put the beer in for way to long.

For a mead that i currently have aging for September

The mead that's poets muse can be drunk now?

I dig it. How did it turn out? I've been toying with the idea of a blueberry vanilla mead for a while now.

yeah its from one of the sagas where they barter for permission for humans to be able to drink mead.

still needs to age. Rather hot still and just added the vanilla beans so once that its for a while ill let you know :) but shows promise

Nice. The picture could definitely pass for a cartoony version of Egil, too. hahaha.

Sweet. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds.

A simple labelizer freebie, but I think it works for this beer. But I just spotted a fat finger mistake. The date should be 3/28/14, not 5/28/14. Back to editing!

BeerLabel Costa Kona.jpg

A simple labelizer freebie, but I think it works for this beer. But I just spotted a fat finger mistake. The date should be 3/28/14, not 5/28/14. Back to editing!
When I see "mocha latte", I have to chuckle. It is only in the South that I have confused the barrista by ordering a "mocha", only to be asked "do you mean a mocha latte?". Growing up in the land of Starbucks, we drop the "latte".

Which labelizer are you using?

Typo thanks for the catch my L key dosnt work lol

I can relate. A while back my "t" apparently stopped working and ended up printing and labeling 2 cases of "Srawberry Blonde"..... Grrr. Bet I changed the font ten times before I was satisfied, but never saw the typo till someone else pointed it out as they were drinking one!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

When I see "mocha latte", I have to chuckle. It is only in the South that I have confused the barrista by ordering a "mocha", only to be asked "do you mean a mocha latte?". Growing up in the land of Starbucks, we drop the "latte".

Which labelizer are you using?

Ha! I grew up getting "jamocha" milkshakes at Arby's and mocha ice cream at Baskin-Robbins. Mocha just indicates a flavor combination of chocolate and coffee. I can see how, in today's Starbuck's society...and especially if you're from the Seattle area...that the meaning can be assumed to be something more specific to an espresso based drink.

As for the labelizer, it's the one that has a sticky in the labeling thread. I think it's just called "Beer Labelizer"? Really simple, but good for fairly generic brew runs. If I have a special something I'm giving someone, I like to be more creative, but my lack of software is extremely handicapping!

Some great looking stuff, guys -

This is is my first time making anything since I've joined the forum. I ahven't done any actual beer brewing yet, but I did start a batch of Sima and made thise labels for the bottles:

Sima2014Labels.jpg

Nothing fancy, but I'll work my way up to that! :mug:

A friend of mine just painted this up for me starting to work the label. I need to get the ABV and such on there. Was supposed to be a pic of me but doesn't do me any justice.

STFUA.jpg

Here are my latest 2 batches, a Pliny clone (efficiency was too low, hence the lower ABV) and a Summer Wheat (compensated for the lower efficiency and got a better than expected). A friend made my brewery "logo" - actually have 3 or 4 varieties, and then the rest is done with powerpoint for simplicity.

Pliny_ish.jpg

Summer_Wheat.jpg

I have only been in the homebrew scene for a few months but this is what I came up with for my latest. It's brewers best witbier. Next batch I'll be trying out the all-grain waters. I ended up just drawing what I wanted and using MSPaint to add some text since I'm kind of dumb on the nicer software.
witbier.jpg
It looks much better when printed.

Latest posts

Back