What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Roost Stout is better today, extra carb day helped
20191126_173328.jpg

Good to know. Hunted meat is outside of my purview. I've had venison stew and that was a great use for it.
Yeah. All true game meat besides bear, goose, and duck are pretty lean. For mixing sausage, some beef fat or duck fat always works well.

I love venison stews, that’s what I primarily do with front and hide quarters if theyre not going into the grind

Last edited:
Too tired to take a photo and forget about the lighting--terrible.
Dragon's Milk. Delicious. Noticing a maple syrup flavor more this time. Interesting.
Kroger had Dragon's Milk White Stout on the shelf today. Impressive for Kroger. It was only 6% ABV or could have been 8%. I don't know what a White Stout is or if they're just stretching the definition. I'll let someone else buy it and drink one of theirs.

For mixing sausage, some beef fat or duck fat always works well.
I'm more than happy to add fat to achieve an 80/20 or there about. I'm going to do that with burgers come spring. I actually have a beast of a hand grinder with all the bells and whistles and could make sausage easily. I just can't do it better than a place nearby and that's when I usually pass on doing it myself.

I'm more than happy to add fat to achieve an 80/20 or there about. I'm going to do that with burgers come spring. I actually have a beast of a hand grinder with all the bells and whistles and could make sausage easily. I just can't do it better than a place nearby and that's when I usually pass on doing it myself.
Check out recipes from Steve Rinella he’s got a popular hunting/fishing show on Netflix called Meat Eater. His recipes are pretty solid. Here’s a venison one
https://www.themeateater.com/cook/recipes/fresh-sausage-recipe

View attachment 654263 HB NEIPA 7.5%
2-row, white wheat, malted oats, c-10
Nelson, Galaxy
London Ale 3
Looks great man. I just did a similar beer but will comet added to that combo and honey malt instead of c10. Was really solid but I was a little underwhelmed by this year’s crop of Nelson. I got more deisel earth than white wine. Was a 3:1 Nelson to Galaxy dryhop

Chinook would not be my first choice for that beer. How was it? And do you know if they have a full bus brewers license or a NYS Farm Brewers liscense because that could explain the chinook

I’m not sure exactly which NYS license they have. I haven’t been to the brewery either to ask questions, nor have I looked anything up either.

IMG_7883.JPG

Enjoying some Veil Toof Ache IPA. It’s nice that OH Roc occasionally gets their beers.
Here’s looking at @j1laskey who’s there now or a little earlier.

Too tired to take a photo and forget about the lighting--terrible.
Dragon's Milk. Delicious. Noticing a maple syrup flavor more this time. Interesting.
Kroger had Dragon's Milk White Stout on the shelf today. Impressive for Kroger. It was only 6% ABV or could have been 8%. I don't know what a White Stout is or if they're just stretching the definition. I'll let someone else buy it and drink one of theirs.

If you like dragons milk you will appreciate it. Nothing special but such is my opinion on regular too

HB DIPA
IMG_7210.JPG

Looks great man. I just did a similar beer but will comet added to that combo and honey malt instead of c10. Was really solid but I was a little underwhelmed by this year’s crop of Nelson. I got more deisel earth than white wine. Was a 3:1 Nelson to Galaxy dryhop
Thank you! I feel like I’ve really been making progress. Pretty sure this was last years Nelson, BSG from the local home brew store. This one was 50/50 Nelson galaxy. 1oz at 15, 1oz at 5, 4oz whirlpool, 4oz dry hop at tail end of fermentation, 6 oz dry hop in keg, then jump to a serving keg.

Tastes delicious...definitely has some of that Nelson diesel (which I like) and more earthiness than fruit from the galaxy. I can’t really say how much the c-10 is doing but I’ve put it in a few recent batches and I seem to like it. Only putting 8oz in.

Since I haven't seen "elk" as a pizza ingredient, that must be homemade. It looks really good. Personally, I prefer deer sausage (joke).
It was @ kaktus brewing company in Albuquerque. It was actually spicy elk sausage. They had all kinds of crazy ingredients. Kinda looks like a shack but don't be afraid....Good beer and grub if ever in ABQ.

@orionol73

how are those labatts citra? Schells brewery here does a citra lager that I really enjoy, but seasonal only. I saw the labatt awhile back at a bigger liquor store, tempted to buy, but I’m hit or miss on liking citra.

Definitely good stuff! They did a release here a week ago. This is definitely worth getting. My favorite is this one
How’d you get that in fla? Lol that’s going to be at their Black Friday drop by me. Their triple game is usually the best out there but I’m only get four 4packs, should I grab it?
20191123_235103.jpeg

Back