What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish theaters here in Western NY would have alcohol. Going tomorrow with the family.

Your pants and/or jackets do not have pockets? Your wife doesn't use a purse?

Elk is usually too lean for sausage, you have to add fat. Same with ground elk. Still, much better than beef!

Same with deer when it comes to sausage making.

Plane beer on the way to Cancun, and then to Isla Mujeres for Thanksgiving with the wife and kids. Southwest has had this Lagunitas for quite a while. Will be a lot of Sol/Dos XX for the week until I can get to the on island brewery.
View attachment 654273

I suspect you're referring to the Isla [Mujeres] Brewing Company? These guys...
IMG_20190107_140010.jpg

Nope, the brand of cartridges I bought are just a tad too big... it’s going to kill me to spend $15 for 5, lol. Going to shop again for 16g nitrous-oxide.

The ball lock cap that they sell for the regular uKeg doesn't work on the nitrous unit? I would think that they're the same; however, I know nothing about nitrous. BUT assuming that they are the same, you should be able to buy a nitrous tank and get that filled pretty easily.

I had sex last night for the first time. Seriously though, Had my first Westy 12 next to Rochefort 10 and Chimay Blue. I’d rate the Westy, Chimay and Rochefort 10 in that order. Considering the availability and price the Chimay holds it’s in when compared to the Westy.

View attachment 654363
Chimay has a Blue BA version that's damn good. Need a 401k loan tho. [emoji6]

Your pants and/or jackets do not have pockets? Your wife doesn't use a purse?

Same with deer when it comes to sausage making.

I suspect you're referring to the Isla [Mujeres] Brewing Company? These guys...
View attachment 654375

The ball lock cap that they sell for the regular uKeg doesn't work on the nitrous unit? I would think that they're the same; however, I know nothing about nitrous. BUT assuming that they are the same, you should be able to buy a nitrous tank and get that filled pretty easily.

Yes, Isla Brewing Co. Stopped by last year and they didn’t have much going on. Could get 6 packs to go. Hoping there is a tasting room this year. Wasn’t bad beer, but was drinking on the beach, so hard to critique.

How do you brine them? Mines pretty basic ice water, salt, onions/garlic.Dags! Patching before rain comes. HB Coffee Stout. Bit thin. Still working out bugs brewing in the Brew Pub.View attachment 654398

I like to add a little bit of everything to my brine. Salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, oregano, garlic salt, brown sugar (or honey), minced onions and then fresh carrots, onions and celery.

I had sex last night for the first time. Seriously though, Had my first Westy 12 next to Rochefort 10 and Chimay Blue. I’d rate the Westy, Chimay and Rochefort 10 in that order. Considering the availability and price the Chimay holds it’s in when compared to the Westy.

View attachment 654363
You should have added a St Bernardus 12

@TwistedGray the cap is not the problem, the cartridge (from another company) doesn’t fit the cartridge holder of the cap. I might have to get a whipped cream maker. ;)

The cost of the cartridges is the problem though, right? A tanked solution would otherwise solve that.

ps: My friends use the whipped cream solution. You'll need a different pin than the standard ones that come with them though...that's all I remember them telling me when I was looking into it.

Yes, Isla Brewing Co. Stopped by last year and they didn’t have much going on. Could get 6 packs to go. Hoping there is a tasting room this year. Wasn’t bad beer, but was drinking on the beach, so hard to critique.

They have a tasting room there on the island now; I was there in January. The picture I posted was in their tasting room.

I like to add a little bit of everything to my brine. Salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, oregano, garlic salt, brown sugar (or honey), minced onions and then fresh carrots, onions and celery.
I'm surprised the veggies would add anything. Sounds like a great soup tho!

HT time. Mead sample. 2nd reading at 1.030 with 1118..?? That puts it @12%ish. Like the residual sweetness. Will give another week before crashing/bottling.
20191127_152256.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you brine them? Mines pretty basic ice water, salt, onions/garlic.Dags! Patching before rain comes. HB Coffee Stout. Bit thin. Still working out bugs brewing in the Brew Pub.View attachment 654398

Basic recipe per bird,
1 gal vegetable broth
1 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbs black pepper corns
1 tbs onion pwd
1 tbs garlic pwd
2 oz fresh thyme
1 oz fresh rosemary
Boil for 10 mins, add into bucket with 1 gal ice. Brine overnight. Deep fried,Has been a hit every year. And here’s what I’m drinking, cheers!

View attachment 654412

I'm surprised the veggies would add anything. Sounds like a great soup tho!

HT time. Mead sample. 2nd reading at 1.030 with 1118..?? That puts it @12%ish. Like the residual sweetness. Will give another week before crashing/bottling.View attachment 654409

They probably don’t add much. But I cut them up to add to the pan when cooking the turkey for the gravy so I throw a few into the brine for good measure.

This is relative-proofing--14.4% ABV. Ah, just kidding; I couldn't ask for better relatives. I didn't taste one since they're for tomorrow. I haven't had a lager in probably a decade but I couldn't pass up something like this.
Just Googled who makes it and where. Hope I don't need one come Saturday.
lager.jpg

Thanks! Only place I ever saw it and bought it was at a market down on 9 Mile off of woodward in Ferndale/Royal Oak area. Maybe they will have it again.

Holiday? That’s a great spot. Check out the Red Wagon on Rochester I think at Avon? Kitty corner from Meijer there north of 59

HB Strata IPA
IMG_7379.JPG

This is relative-proofing--14.4% ABV. Ah, just kidding; I couldn't ask for better relatives. I didn't taste one since they're for tomorrow. I haven't had a lager in probably a decade but I couldn't pass up something like this.
Just Googled who makes it and where. Hope I don't need one come Saturday.View attachment 654431

That’s great stuff man!

Back