What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
553FE4E9-C751-4B41-B20D-99F265AFBFA0.jpeg

Stout on nitro

The Polish beer sits, translucently, on the table. The disembodied hands write-what? A manifesto? A ransom note? Is the Barefoot wine on the counter a hint of things to come?

Then, breaking the silence, “Don’t Stop Believin’” starts playing in the background...
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

One of the beers from my latest Tavour shipment. Alpha Abstraction, Volume 9, by Wild Leap Brew Co. in LaGrange, Georgia. It's the 9th in their series, each using a different dry hop selection. This one was dry hopped with Chinook, which I think I'd prefer more as a bittering hop than a flavoring hop. This beer has a nice chewy mouthfeel but a somewhat unbalanced piney/fruity taste. Not bad, but not necessarily in my wheelhouse. I think this could be quite good with a different dry hop. Wondering now how volumes 1 thru 8 taste.

20191126-170351.jpg

Kinda looks like a shack but don't be afraid....Good beer and grub if ever in ABQ
Right. I got a warm feeling seeing the photos. I saw the pizza ovens, pans, etc. If I were to open a restaurant, there are elements there that hit home with me.
Shall we call it "Shack-y Chic"? I know it's what I would shoot for.

IMG_3202.JPG

I’ve been MIA for the last few weeks due to gutting and totally renovating my bathroom. My first project this big as a first time home owner so I’m learning as I go. I learned I hate tiling but finally hitting the finish line and so proud how it turned out so this beer to celebrate and many other goodies yet to come tonight.

View attachment 654303

I’ve been MIA for the last few weeks due to gutting and totally renovating my bathroom. My first project this big as a first time home owner so I’m learning as I go. I learned I hate tiling but finally hitting the finish line and so proud how it turned out so this beer to celebrate and many other goodies yet to come tonight.

I just redid my master bath this last spring. Mucho dinero, but it was worth every penny.

@orionol73

how are those labatts citra? Schells brewery here does a citra lager that I really enjoy, but seasonal only. I saw the labatt awhile back at a bigger liquor store, tempted to buy, but I’m hit or miss on liking citra.

It’s great honestly. Super bright hoppy and light and poundable. For the box price you won’t be disappointed

IMG_7374.JPG

Having one currently

I'm currently reading the book "barrell aged stout and selling out" about goose island. Bourbon county stout is mentioned on every page. Is/was it that good?

It’s been gone but supposed to be out again. After the incident they have been pushing the beer releases like crazy but real ambiguous on when the release
Thanks! Only place I ever saw it and bought it was at a market down on 9 Mile off of woodward in Ferndale/Royal Oak area. Maybe they will have it again.

View attachment 654303

Looks awesome

Does this beer make its way around the US? I fell in love with it. Still trying to get in the same time zone with a clone; everything I make tastes like a Tripel but nowhere close to Dragonmead's.
Procrastinating right now. Have a full day of prep for tomorrow plus totally jacked on espresso which I drink maybe once a week--enough to like it but not enough to be used to it.
dragonbox.jpg

Latest posts

Back