Buying yeast in 30min!! Help me decide quick!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
So, have a toasted coconut porter kit from AHS and yeast options are White Labs 007 or Wyeast 1318. That's fine but upon researching them I found they aren't really comparable?!? Is my information wrong, should I go with one or the other, or do you have some suggestions on the best type in general? This is where the discrepancy came from http://www.mrmalty.com/yeast.htm#Wyeast_vs_WLP
Since no one has brewed this kit and left feedback I'm kinda in the dark. I will be brewing shortly and need to get the yeast soon. Thanks :drunk:

WY1318: From traditional London brewery with great malt and hop profile. True top cropping strain, fruity, very light, soft balanced palate, finishes slightly sweet.

Origin:
Flocculation: high
Attenuation: 71-75%
Temperature Range: 64-74° F (18-23° C)
Alcohol Tolerance: approximately 10% ABV

WL007: Clean, highly flocculent, and highly attenuative yeast. This yeast is similar to WLP002 in flavor profile, but is 10% more attenuative. This eliminates the residual sweetness, and makes the yeast well suited for high gravity ales. It is also reaches terminal gravity quickly. 80% attenuation will be reached even with 10% ABV beers.
Additional Information
Ideal Temperature Range (°F) 65-70F
Attenuation (%) 70-80
Flocculation Medium-High
Alcohol Tolerance (%) Medium-High
Profile Ale

I think the flavor profile and less attenuation from the 1318 would make a tastier coconut porter.

Latest posts

Back