Do we still have a rhizome exchange going?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AviatorTroy

Reaction score
I saw an old thread about it and it decended into a disaster discussing the legal transportation across state lines and such.

Did anything ever come of that? Surely I'm not the only one who would be interested in trading some different rhizomes around. We could even just say that all trades must be in-state to avoid previous issues and concerns.

How about it?

People often do exchange rhizomes but that only occurs during the late winter and spring as people are trimming back their plants. The summer is far too late.

Nematodes, pest and disease can spread through transplants. Result can be total destruction of your plants just not limited to one plant... It can spread to your whole property and neighbors.

Reason a lot of people will buy from trusted sources / farms.

Reason I do not buy a tree from some guy in a pickup truck on the side of the road.

Inspect the rhizome carefully before planting.

You can certainly trade clippings in the summer. They are easy to root. While I have used a few inches of water in a 5 gal bucket, I have also heard of individual bines in a beer bottle with water.

Latest posts

Back