DIY Chillus Convolutus Caddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarr21

Reaction score
I am thinking about making a caddy for my chiller and hoses similar to Morebeers Counterflow Caddy

I need somewhere sturdy to mount my chiller and would like a good place to hang dry my hoses between uses.

Has anyone done anything similar to this? would love some ideas.

I used Superstrut to mount my pumps and CFC, I'm going to modify my mounting of the CFC. but the 3" conduit strap holds the pumps in place, and the CFC bolts right on to the rig. I think I might try to use two 3/4" conduit straps to mount the CFC horizontal in stead of verticaly as I have it now.
IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

I am thinking about making a caddy for my chiller and hoses similar to Morebeers Counterflow Caddy

I need somewhere sturdy to mount my chiller and would like a good place to hang dry my hoses between uses.

Has anyone done anything similar to this? would love some ideas.
Yes.
My rolling cart includes two CFC, Oxygen tank, flow meter and a hook for hoses.
The cart is made out of extruded aluminum.
ChillerCart.jpg

ChillerCart1.jpg

ChillerCart2.jpg

OxygenTopView.jpg

OxygenStone.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

ClaudiusB said:
Yes.
My rolling cart includes two CFC, Oxygen tank, flow meter and a hook for hoses.
The cart is made out of extruded aluminum.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Awesome. Can u provide more info or pictures on the flow meter and how you have it hooked up? Thanks.

That looks like a Dwyer rotometer or similar brand.
Correct brand, model # VFB-60-SSV-PF

OXY_Flow1.jpg

Mpavlik22 said:
Can u provide more info or pictures on the flow meter and how you have it hooked up?

From the O2 tank regulator to the bottom of the flow meter
OxygenTank.jpg

Top out connects to the stone

100_1212.jpg

From the flow meter top

100_1457.jpg

The O2 regulator is set to 20 psi, this prevents my wort pump from pushing any wort into the flow meter through the stone.
The best flow meter setting, minimal foam is 300 CC/min for my set-up.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Latest posts

Back