Keezer Ideas Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mischief_Brewing

Reaction score
Quick background: I was going to build my tap system into a liquor cabinet in my dining room (built into the wall) but realized after I had already started collecting parts that 90% of our parties are outside. Having 30+ drunken people traipsing through my house every 15 minutes to get another beer didn't seem like the best option.

So my solution was twofold:

1. build a portable tapping system that can be brought into the house for the 10% portion of our parties (which also serves dual purpose of being able to bring lots of beer to friend's parties)

I did this 2 weeks ago. The build can be found in my signature, and here's a picture:
f949599e.jpg

2. remove the chest freezer from the basement crawl space and bring it to the garage and build a keezer.

I've already moved the chest freezer (and my back has finally recovered from it) and have enough money for the supplies to build the keezer. The dilemma, and reason for this here post, is that since I've already bought some of the supplies for the liquor cabinet build (picture below), I'm not sure how I want my keezer to look

6b4bd3dd.jpg

I also have a brass drip tray, 25# CO2, all the lines and kegs and inner-workings.

The traditional keezer with taps in the collar is mostly out the door, partly because of the 6 tap tower above, and partly because I'm not a big fan of the way it looks.

I'm leaning toward a fully enclosed wooden keezer with fans to keep air moving around the outside, but am looking for some suggestions on how to make it unique and fun. I'm proud of my woodworking skills but definitely still consider myself an amateur.

So HBT DIY enthusiasts, what should I do to make this keezer stand out from the other awesome builds here?

Back