will anyone take free beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

html034

Reaction score
Hey, i was just wonderin how this exchange thing worked. I read in the rules that you have to be a paying member to participate in a swap, but since i am not a paying member yet I was wondering if i could just send beer to one of the more experienced members of this site for evaluation. Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but i just want to get feedback on my beer from someone with actual knowledge, since i don't know anyone who has good taste in beer.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there willing to help. Another method, would be to enter your beer in some competitions and you can get your feedback from your score cards. I plan on doing this myself. But I just joined a local brew club, so I should get more feedback tomorrow.

You could buy a membership. It costs about the same as shipping a couple packages of brew. With the membership you can join the regular swaps and get several reviews of your beer in addition you get to try beers from several other members. This benefit alone was enough for me to pony up. Plus you will be supporting a great home brewing site.

Craig

CBBaron said:
You could buy a membership. It costs about the same as shipping a couple packages of brew. With the membership you can join the regular swaps and get several reviews of your beer in addition you get to try beers from several other members. This benefit alone was enough for me to pony up. Plus you will be supporting a great home brewing site.

Craig

good point:) (I'm Dumb)

I am a noob here, but I think anyone would be a fool to not take a free beer or two!

I'm sure some knowledgeable folks in your area have already PM'd you about sending/exchanging a few bottles.

If for some reason you don't get any takers, shoot me a PM.

And feel free to set up your own swap! We have many "mini swaps" going on all the time. If you see someone on HBT whose judgement you trust and you'd like some feedback from them, you can always send them a private message and ask them.

You certainly don't have to be have a paying membership to do a beer swap. The ones organized by the "staff" here involve paying members, but you can definitely swap with whomever you would like on your own.

I seem to always have kind of swap going on- so I didn't even participate in the last organized one.

Hey, fellow (newbie) Michibrewer, I'd be honored to try and evaluate some of your beer. I live in the Bangor area, so if you'd like, shoot me a PM and we'll work somethin' out!:mug:

Back