Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least hockey announcers aren't biased. They can't be because they're trying to find the puck like all of the players and fans.

**** you. You're a Celtics fan; you grew up with Tommy Heinsohn doing the broadcasts of the NBA finals. I bet you didn't ***** about that, you hypocrite.

[...]It was an irrelevant call anyway; what's the point of a 15-yard penalty on a kickoff, when 90% of kickoffs are touchbacks anyway?

The league should change the rule so the penalty yardage from calls made against the defense on scoring plays is applied after the result of the kickoff. The fly in that ointment is what happens if the kickoff is run all the way back for a TD.

As for AZ: ask mommy to warm a nice bottle of milk for you, and everything will be all better.

Sheesh...

Cheers! ;)

[edit] This sure looks like a loser-bracket consolation game...

Blount is one dimensional....he's always been that. If the Pats didn't have Vereen( someone who can Actually catch a ball) to mix things up, he's completely predictable. That was the problem in TB. The Pats are so good masking that that no one notices there. The Colts D is a joke by the way. Best RB? You've gotta be kidding. You have to be able to catch a ball first. What about McCoy? Beast Mode? Charles? Foster( without injuries))? That's what "the best" RB's look like.

most false post ever...since when do one dimensional backs return kick offs. You know ****

**** you. You're a Celtics fan; you grew up with Tommy Heinsohn doing the broadcasts of the NBA finals. I bet you didn't ***** about that, you hypocrite.

I was ~7. I didn't know what the feck that was at the time...

The league should change the rule so the penalty yardage from calls made against the defense on scoring plays is applied after the result of the kickoff. The fly in that ointment is what happens if the kickoff is run all the way back for a TD.

I like that rule. If they run it back for a TD, 1st and 10 on the 15. And if it is a touchback, 1st and 10 on the 10.

Blount is one dimensional....he's always been that. If the Pats didn't have Vereen( someone who can Actually catch a ball) to mix things up, he's completely predictable. That was the problem in TB. The Pats are so good masking that that no one notices there. The Colts D is a joke by the way. Best RB? You've gotta be kidding. You have to be able to catch a ball first. What about McCoy? Beast Mode? Charles? Foster( without injuries))? That's what "the best" RB's look like.

Eddie Lacy too. I'm geeked up for the packers just having that guy!

I turned off the Pats game. Couldn't stand the constant homerism hat Gumbel was giving the Pats. No lie, when yet another Colt got get injured, they flashed to the fat Patriot and talked abut their injuries. When Luck made those two great passes it was all about how the Pats secondary didn't play well...never a mention of Luck's great throws. And the previous Pats drive with the BS PI call on third down? No lie, Gumbel said "on the replay you'll clearly see that he was all over him..." [replay clearly shows no contact] Gumbel: [silence]..."okay, next play...

And then when the Pats RB scored and bounced back and moved in again (like he should) and the Colt got called for a late hit (another BS call) he said "that was uncalled for, everyone had stopped playing except for him." Ah, by everyone, you mean no one including the RB and all the blockers?

Jesus Christ. That all happened in about 8:30 of game time. When a game is unwatchable because of announcers, it is really bad. It made Marv Albert look impartial calling a Bulls game.

Watch ESPN. Anything Brady does its because of the organization but no matter how many good players Denver has they are good because of Manning. ESPN sucks Manning off and then gives him a massage.

I like that rule. If they run it back for a TD, 1st and 10 on the 15.

Nah, you don't take points off the board. That's too harsh a penalty.

Just apply it on the next non-special teams play. If the penalized team happens to return the kickoff for the score, they keep the TD. But when THEY kick off, now, the receiving team subsequently gets credit for the 15 yards.

Basically, don't apply penalty yards on kickoffs; penalty yardage only get applied to plays from scrimmage. For consistently, apply this same rule whether the penalty was on the kicking team or on the receiving team; no more forcing teams to kick off from the 20 yard line because of a penalty. Penalty yardage applied after the kick.

Can Newton has been taking flop classes with LeBron. Obviously it was a penalty but he was barely touched and he flew back like he got shot.

He's already a top 5 QB in the league. He's having to carry that team by himself. That was a 5 win team without him this year. He and TY were literally all they had at the end of the year.

Luck is nothing more than a second-tier QB. He'll have a long career and will have his peak games, but overall he won't ever be anything more than that.

HoppyDaze said:
most false post ever...since when do one dimensional backs return kick offs. You know ****

They could've put Kembrell Thompkins or anybody back there with the same result. Belichick probably flipped a coin to choose who to put back there. Special teams lol. The fact you even had to bring up special teams just shows how true it is.

Nah, you don't take points off the board. That's too harsh a penalty.

Just apply it on the next non-special teams play. If the penalized team happens to return the kickoff for the score, they keep the TD. But when THEY kick off, now, the receiving team subsequently gets credit for the 15 yards.

Basically, don't apply penalty yards on kickoffs; penalty yardage only get applied to plays from scrimmage. For consistently, apply this same rule whether the penalty was on the kicking team or on the receiving team; no more forcing teams to kick off from the 20 yard line because of a penalty. Penalty yardage applied after the kick.

A penalty that doesn't take points off the board isn't a penalty.

Can Newton has been taking flop classes with LeBron. Obviously it was a penalty but he was barely touched and he flew back like he got shot.

He must be a soccer player...

Luck isn't top-5 today but he's also not second-tier. If I'm building a franchise today and get to pick any player from any team, he'd be one of the five or so players I'd most-strongly consider. He's got all the physical gifts of Rothlesberger but he's not a grade-A moron. On a couple of those great passes (and they were great), he was getting hit hard. Not an easy guy to get down, and mobile-enough to get by. And until the playoffs, was taking great care of the ball.

I'd take him over Cam Newton or RGIII. It'd probably be between Luck and Russell Wilson.

Luck isn't top-5 today but he's also not second-tier. If I'm building a franchise today and get to pick any player from any team, he'd be one of the five or so players I'd most-strongly consider. He's got all the physical gifts of Rothlesberger but he's not a grade-A moron. On a couple of those great passes (and they were great), he was getting hit hard. Not an easy guy to get down, and mobile-enough to get by. And until the playoffs, was taking great care of the ball.

I'd take him over Cam Newton or RGIII. It'd probably be between Luck and Russell Wilson.

Plus he's much smarter than the rest of them (he's a fecking geek). He'll learn, and in several years will be much more of a cerebral QB, much like, dare I say it, Brady.

There was no sophomore slump with Luck. Who knows what next year will bring. The hit on his freshman year was interceptions. He had 18. This year he cut it in half to 9(eeh he had a couple yesterday). Small sample to predict but he's good. He will become more cerebral and hopefully quickly learn that the post season is a whole new ball game.

TheDudeLebowski said:
There was no sophomore slump with Luck. Who knows what next year will bring. The hit on his freshman year was interceptions. He had 18. This year he cut it in half to 9(eeh he had a couple yesterday). Small sample to predict but he's good. He will become more cerebral and hopefully quickly learn that the post season is a whole new ball game.

Or,,or, or... He could be the next Peyton Manning.

If I were a wagering man, I'd say thirty-five touchdowns, a half-dozen picks, and a heartbreaking loss to the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game.

Gotta love the Classics! :D

Cheers!

ps: Cat and Carp are having a race to see who is more whack. I think Carp is leading...

Jeeze, thank gawd that's over.

Every SF post-game interview should start with: "We sucked, but they sucked way harder"

Niners have zero chance in Seattle...

Cheers!

day_trippr said:

Every SF post-game interview should start with: "We sucked, but they sucked way harder"

Cheers!

You mean like the chance Arizona had in Seattle?

image-2507344282.jpg

Just woke up watching highlights. If Kaep scores a td will he mock Wilson by handing the ball off and going back to the bench, because I could take that.

God I'm pumped for next week. This is how it should have been last year and how it should be for years to come. Bust out the Beats Kaep maybe that'll help you this time.

Also will someone tell Dixon he's a thrid string rb and matters to the game about as much as the ball boy so maybe less with the talking and more focusing on the playing.

Bah I'm really happy we play the Niners now I can watch Harblow finally have that coronary he seems to ride the edge on everygame.

Or week 14 when the Niners sent em packing?

With a 2 point win? LOL!

Attaboy - remain optimistic!

Cheers! ;)

ps: You do know they won't be playing in the 'Stick, right? So two point wins in the Bay Area don't count for much.
I'll be rooting for the miracle it will take for the Niners to beat the upstarts, but I don't see it happening...

Wow, I just saw the military flag bearers nearly knocked over by what looks like gale force winds at Mile High (or whatever the heck they call it these days).

Do either of these teams have a running game?

Cheers!

Wow, I just saw the military flag bearers nearly knocked over by what looks like gale force winds at Mile High (or whatever the heck they call it these days).

Do either of these teams have a running game?

Cheers!

Top 5.

*this lost brought to you by the_bird who throws 'top-5' around for every thing*

Cheers!

Sure. Seattle had no offense like the last 4 weeks. Niners flat out dominated the second half today. I don't think the Niners win but don't be a clown.

Back